Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest Process & form to start with?

heathershiels
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some advise.

We want to start using HCM processes and forms. We'd like to know what people think the best process to implement first is?

Also is there a process and form that would be the simplest to introduce?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Heather Shiels

Cameco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by "implement"? If you mean "put into production", I would say NONE of the ones provided. They are not intended for use in production. They are more "samples" to be used as reference as you are learning/developing HCM P&F processes.

One of the best to learn from is the one listed in the tutorial in the help docs (help.sap.com). If you work through that tutorial, you get a good feel for everything involved in developing a process.

When you do all of the "initial set-up" for HCM P&F, you will have the samples available to run and test. Past that, you need to select a process in your own organization that is simple (least "steps" and least amount of infotype changes). Keep in mind that for the most part, a lot of the HCM P&F "processes" are what you may have referred to as PA "actions" before, so look at your "actions" and pick your least complicated to begin mapping and putting into HCM P&F.

Hope this helps!

heathershiels
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Christopher and Lalit,

I believe I have a good place to start. HCM processes and Forms is a big black hole to me and a tutorial is a great way to get started.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question.

Heather

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read the help docs. Read my blogs (shameless self-promotion! haha). Review SAP's examples (even though I think they are pretty bad haha). And have fun!

(*if you need help with the initial set up for HCM P&F, I blogged on that as well. Just look for the "getting started" one.)

heathershiels
Participant
0 Kudos

Chris,

Any help is much appreciated, how do I find your blog?

Thanks,

Heather

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

click my name....then click the "content" tab.....it will show you everything (haha). You can select "blogs" from there to filter it down. Have fun!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heather, ,

There are lots of Processes provided by SAP in HRASR_DT transaction. Simplest one to me seems to be a Birth_of_CHILD_01 or 10. Once you have the basic settings configured in the system for HCM Process and forms i.e. activation of few  Enterprise business function HCM_ASR*, you can simply copy the standard one and activate the process and form scenario and run it.

Note: Don't forget to do SCC1 in UT system as process is client specific.

I think this is the easiest way of starting.

If need any input just let me know.

Lalit

sandeep_katoch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Heather,

The simplest and easiest would be I guess MM adobe form for PO output.

The form name is MEDRUCK_PO

The corresponding driver program is SAPFM06P.

All you have to do is to replace the form name and driver program name in NACE transaction with the corresponding output type.

Rgds,

Sandeep Katoch

heathershiels
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Sandeep.

I suppose I should have been more specific, I am looking for the easiest HCM form to implement.

Thanks,

Heather