Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP installation in different domains in distributed envirounment

former_member210781
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi There,

We have a complex requirement.

We have CI and DB in distributed enviroument on different AIX boxes. We also have apps servers on AIX box. So in all CI,DB, and Apps are on different aix hosts with oracle database.

Now we have a requirement to install new application servers which should be in windows domain. This domain is different than one in whoch we have aix boxes.

We think of solution to use SAMBA share so Windows apps serers can access file system on aix boxes. But limitation is that samba share can be allowed between same domain. So for example if our windows apps servers are in ABC domain and aix boxes are in XYZ domain then i dout SAMBA will work.

Apprecite if any one suggest solution to this complex requirement..

Regards,

J Rasesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

as per installation guide -

All machines in the system must belong to the same domain.

former_member210781
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

Thanks for confirming the same..I have check that in guide.. all i want to know is that possible to install a system in above complex senario.. appreicate your answers !!

premsukh_bishnoi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

This scenario is not possible because during installation of Global host installation, it will ask for your domain and profile will be crated according to that.

So during the dialog instance installation first it will detect the Default profile and then it continue with

other parameter ....

In this case you can use sapmnt share because it should be accessible during Dialog installation.

/sapmnt/SID/ should be shared across the dialog/primary instance.

Regards,

Premsukh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil, what installation guide are you referring to?

Thanks

Dennis