Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masterinspection Characteristics

former_member357396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have 1000 materials for which length has to be measured with different specifications. Should i create the master inspection characteristics length 1000 times with different upper and lower limit values and then assign to different materials or how should i do this

For eg : Material A has length upper limit 10.2 and lower limit 9.8

Material B has length upper limit  11.2 and lower limit 10.8

Material C has length upper limit  25.2 and lower limit 24.8 etc in this way i have 1000 materials for which length is characteristics so should i create 1000 mic has length. I am using inspection with material specification for some materials and inspection with task list . How should i assign mic to material a of length 10.2 and lower limit 9.8

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Badari,

There could be 2 approaches for this.

• Create LENGTH as incomplete MIC.
    1. In this case you need to create only 1 MIC
    2. When you create MIC in QS21 with incomplete copy model, system will not ask you lower and upper limits
    3. While creating inspection plan, when you pull this MIC you need to put these limits in plan
    4. In the same way you can use the same MIC code for another material. So MIC is same but material wise limits are different.

• Create LENGTH as complete MIC
    1. Here also you need to create only 1 MIC but with complete copy model.
    2. Unlike incomplete model, here you will be prompted to put lower, target and upper limits in QS21
    3. When you pull such MIC in an inspection plan, you would notice that the limits you prescribed in QS21 are getting copied automatically here.
    4. You can change / modify these limits here.
    5. E.g. from MIC master lower and upper are 9.0 and 10.0 mm respectively, and the material in which you are using MIC demands these limits as 15.0 to 15.6 mm you can do so in QP01 itself as these fields are editable.
    6. Please note this is local updation , and hence these limits do not get modified in original MIC master

Both the approaches are standard and you can choose the best suitable to you.

Under any circumstances I would not suggest creating thousands of MICs with different limits that too for one parameter i.e. LENGTH. This could consume database space and may lead to difficulties for searching the appropriate one.

Regards, Anand Rao

Answers (0)