cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid oracle password during system import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we're importing NetWeaver 2004s Dual Stack from backup (heterogenous) on oracle db. At step 'Create database' there is an exception:

ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

we've checked oracle system and sys users passwords, but they're ok. How can we check which password sapinst is trying to use? This is one of first steps so, table SAPUSER is not created yet, also schemas and securestore doesn't exist yet.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we're importing NetWeaver 2004s Dual Stack from backup (heterogenous) on oracle db

Whats the source and target OS/DB?... If you are doing a Heterogeneous System Copy in most case scenarios you should be doing an R3Load based Export/import.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

export: Windows 2008R2, Oracle 10g

import: Windows 2008R2, Oracle 11g

I know it could be just homogenous import/export, but we're keeping backups as a heterogenous exports and now we're trying to import them, but just on new DB.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot restore an Oracle 10g backup onto 11g.... You need to either upgrade the source to 11g or downgrade the target to 10g.

The best way is to use R3load based Export/Import, this way you can go from 10g to 11g during the system copy.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was quite sure that heterogenous copy means that it's possible to import even on totally different database type, so why it's not possible to change oracle version?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pawel,

It is only Heterogeneous System Copy when you change the OS or the Database (or both), In this case you are not changing either. So its a Homogeneous System Copy.

In the System Copy Guide its highlighted as a prerequisite for a "Database Specific System Copy" (backup/restore based)  that " You must use the same Oracle release and patch level for your database in the source and target system."

So.... as explained before the only way of doing a system copy directly from 10g to 11g is by doing a "Database Independent" system copy which is based in a R3load Export/Import.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

In the System Copy Guide its highlighted as a prerequisite for a "Database Specific System Copy" (backup/restore based)  that " You must use the same Oracle release and patch level for your database in the source and target system."

What you've written is 100% correct, but I've never written that I've done database specific backup. I didn't select 'database specific export' and I didn't use brbackup. I've about 10GB of export done by sapinst itself. I've already used such backups to import on another system or I did change from oracle 10.2.0.4 to 10.2.0.5. I still can't see any reason why I would can't import this backup on oracle 11g. Basicly I'm asking just about my error in current import step..

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I remember...one of the prerequisites for the System Copy is to reset the password of the SAP<SchemaID> and system DB users to their defaults prior the export. Did you do that?

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

They haven't been changed since installation. Anyway - we've just stopped the import, removed all directories and started again - it's fine now... Simplest solutions are still the best ones.

Thanks for help Juan.

Answers (0)