cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant pricing without configurable material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

i have a business requirment in my project ( make to stock strategy) for using different grades with different price for the same material , i tried the valuation split solution for the same material and for each valuation type it will have a different price but unfortunatly we have trouble in costing with this solution

now i am trying to use the variant pricing by using charachestics over a material to choose the grade of the material and its dependant price

the question is , can i do it without making the material configurable ( checking the material is configurable indicator) which will affect the planning and Production ?

is it possible to use a standard material and create the characestics on it without being configurable and use it in sales order ?'

also , does any one have a solution other than vairant pricing and valuation types for the pricing of a different grades for the same material?

Thanks a lot

Text Removed

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Please dont add such text

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to use Variant Configuration to use Variant Pricing.

If you are using the 001 Classification on the Material Master,  and you say "The same material can have different Characteristic Values" then how to you plan to change this value in a sales document in the first place?