cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating alert when there is error in server proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have a scenario where PI is calling standard proxy in GTS to update sanctioned party list data. Suppose, we have a case when proxy fails because the input to proxy is not similar to the standard proxy structure. Is it possible to notify users when this kind of error happens or there is any other error during proxy execution.

Thanks,

Monika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

seems like you managed to get sanctioned party lists incorporation working.

Could you please give some details on how you did this? Did you use FTP --> PI --> GTS (Proxy). Which caveats did you encounter?

Any insights on this would be really gread

Many thanks

Jens

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have a two options here,

1)Write a validation logic in PI mapping and make sure that you calling Proxy when data/mandatory fields in structure were present , other wise throw an exception and trigger an ALERT.

2)Request your ECC team to write / enhance a program to trigger an email when Proxy fails at ECC.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

There is no mapping in PI. PI picks up xml file from FTP server and calls standard proxy in GTS system (SanctionedPartyListUpdateIn). I am using dummy sender interface,also I do not have input xsd (MK Data services say this is confidential and will not share it with their customers), so I dnt think I can do validation in mapping in PI. Looks like the standard proxy needs to be enhanced to send email notification to users.

Thanks,

Monika

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if no mapping involved then explore options in ECC side and request your Sender system people to write a validtaion before placing a file in FTP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

I can't understand the MK Data services reasoning. The message contents may be confidential but how can the XSD be confidential? Also, why is plain FTP being used for confidential data transfer?

You're stuck with trying to find a solution on the ECC side, maybe you could explore FEH (forward error handling) options on the ECC side if the standard service you're using supports it...There seems to be some alerting options with this...

If you're seeing the error in SXMB_MONI on ECC side, you could also look at proxy runtime monitoring option from the PI RWB - this allows you to monitor the proxy runtime for the application systems in your landscape (like ECC) from the PI RWB. You can then trigger alerts from PI (via e-mail if you like) when there are errors.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Monika,

Ask your ABAP team to write a function module to trigger alert emails to the end user. If the logic fails, then this function module will raise an alert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanumantha, how should this FM be called to raise alerts, I mean when proxy class throws an exception, then how should the FM be called to send notification to users ?

Thanks,

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Strange, in PI RWB, there is no option for proxy runtime monitoring, now what is missing in the system

Thanks,

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

You don't see something like this in Component Monitoring in RWB? (I've just masked by business systems):

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Trevor, I do not see like this in RWB component monitoring.

Also, alert has been configured in the system: on executing report: RSALERTTEST, sample alert was generated and sent to configured mail-ids, showing the alert config in PI is correct.

However, last week, I had error in adapter engine when file adapter was not able to archive a file after processing (archive directory was wrong) and also I had forced an IE error , but no alert mail was generated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the proxy class trows and exception, capture that using a variable and then you need to call the FORM.

Below is the snippet of code: Here I have used a custom table to get the details. Table : Z_config

You need to declare the variables.  You need to customize according to your requirement.

FORM sub_xi_send_error_email .

CONSTANTS :   lc_scolon(1) TYPE c VALUE ';'.

DATA: lv_from TYPE adr6-smtp_addr,

lv_email TYPE z_config-emailnotif,

lit_email TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF somlreci1,

lv_subrc  TYPE sy-subrc.

CONCATENATE sy-sysid text-010 INTO lv_from.

SPLIT gwa_config-emailnotif AT lc_scolon  INTO TABLE lit_email.

IF lit_email IS NOT INITIAL.

CALL FUNCTION 'Z_SENDMAIL'

EXPORTING

i_email       = lv_from

i_toemail     = ''

i_subject     = " Keep subject"

IMPORTING

e_return_code = lv_subrc

TABLES

it_text       = git_error

it_emails     = lit_email.

ENDIF.

ENDFORM.  

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmm so looks like for sending notifications to users for proxy errors, the standard proxy needs to be modified...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually validation is not the main concern, requirement is that whenever there is an error in ECC during proxy execution, a notification needs to sent to a user-group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, when u would like to notify the errors to user group with the errors, you need to capture the error and then call the function module.