cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Process Monitoring Setup: Monitoring configuration for 'Purchase Orders' not generated: no activation

former_member210731
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have completed the initial configuration for BPM and in workcenter 'Business Process Opertaions' -> setup BPM. while trying activate the monitoring for purchase order getting the below error.

Can someone help me how to activate the monitoring and generate the result?

Regards

Mahendra K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srirangarajan

Do you configure the key figure ? (Which key figure, data collection frequency etc)

If it is BPMon Monitor, you need to configure, key figure, threshold value, data collection frequency at least. And then after saving the configuration, please choose generation first.

And then conduct activation.

If it is Analytics monitor, you need to configure the key figure and choose group by flag that you want to aggregate.

Analytics Monitor can configure under the logical component.

And BPMon Monitor under business process.

*Both Monitor show up under the logical component. To distinguish, you better to put some

pre-fix when you create monitor (e.g BPMon-xxx, BPA-XXX) or you can also distinuguish by

adding addtinal field colled flavor in the right slide list.

In the screen, the status field of monitoring object show initial. So I wonder whether you did key figure configuration etc and generation.

If error really occurs, we can see more detail info in application log. (SLG1).

Object SOLAR

Subobject BPMON*

Here you might get some info.

Best Regards

Keiji

former_member210731
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

I have activated the Key figure for Purchase Order as suggested, however I am not able to see the tabs for notfication , team members...etc

attached below screenshot

How do we get the tabs to enter the values, also since i am using standard template it is not allowing met to set the threshold values.

where do i template (in configuratation tab?)

Regards

former_member210731
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

Now that the Key figures are activated, how long does it take to get the data into the solution manager BPO.

Also i have check the group by for each of the vaules, does that mean i will get both the BPMon and BP Ana data?

I am trying to see data in SLG1 and see lot of records, how do i know whether BPmon background jobs are running fine? (attched below screenshot)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srirangarajan

You are configuring under the logical compoenent.  So you are touching BP Analytics Monitor.

BP Analytics does not raise any alert. it can be used for Graphic based business data analysis

for business process implevement.

If you want to raise alert and send e-mail the alert situation, you need to configure the monitor

for BPMon. It can be configure under the business process.

In this case, different from Analytics monitor, you can see notification setting tab.

When you create new monitor, you will be asked whether you want to use BP Analytics monitor

or create new one. In both case, you can configure BPMon monitor.

Data collection start as you defined in the monitoring schedule tab.

Normally we recommend to shcedule data collector once a day for business document monitor.

When the time comes, data collector run to the backend ERP system and collect data.

Data collection in ERP side depends on the size of ERP. So I cannot tell how long will it takes.

According to your description,  you are new to BPMon.

So if you have SMP access, I really recommend you to check following documents in SMP.

because without having any background, it is bit difficult...

http://service.sap.com/bpm
=>Media Library
==>Technical Document

1.Setup Guide - Business Process Analytics 7.1 SP5  <=This explain in detail on Analytics.

2.Setup Guide - Business Process Monitoring <=This explain basic principle on BPMon.

But the document is not up to dated for 7.1 SP5. So the screen that you see is different.

However basic concept is same. So worth reading this doc as well.

http://www.service.sap.com/rkt-solman
=>Solution Manager7.1
===>Business Process Operation
====>Business Process Interface & Monitoring
1.BPM - High Level Setup Guide

This document explain high level step by step operation based on SolMan7.1 SP5.

If you have access, I also recommend this document.

Some other optional things.

If your company contracts Enterprise support, then you can take EGI training.

(Online training. Expert Guided Implementation Sessions)

http://www.service.sap.com/alm-services

Training Course, Business Process Improvement definitely helps your understanding.

If your company contracts MaxAttention support, then more offering avaailble as MaxAttention

service. In this case, recommend to contact TQM of your MaxAttention.

Hope the inforamtion helps you.

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima

former_member210731
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

Thanks for your assistance.

I have sucessfully been able to transfer by business scenarios related to P2P and O2C from my Implementation project to Our Solution and from their i have also configured the BP Mon key figures for Purchase Requisition.

and I am able to view the alerts in the BPMon Alert inbox. I have few queries.

1. I am not able to view additional information( it is throwing RFC error msg) - attached screenshot

How to resolved it.

2. I have configure the BPMon at a Step level, How ot monitor the overall Business Process / Scenaio for alerts?

Regards

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi V S Srirangarajan

It looks like your Login RFC ( SM_<SID>CLNT<Client>_LOGIN ) uses trusted RFC.

So you configure trusted RFC.

System needs to be recognized in SMT1.

Same user exist in both systems (SolMan and ERP).

User should have role SAP_S_RFCACL.

Regarding on your query, you can check BPO workcenter.

Solution Tab.

best regards

Keiji Mishima

former_member210731
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

I have create the trusted RFC for SM_VRPCLNT100_LOGIN and have provided same user id and password for both solman and satelite system.

I have also assigned the role SAP_S_RFCACL but i am getting the below error msg.

Let me know how to get it sorted?

Regards

former_member210731
Participant
0 Kudos

Attached below outputs from SMT1 and SMT2

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi V Srirangarajan.

You chosen trusted RFC but you maintained login user.

In case of trusted RFC, no user should not be maintained.

BR

Keiji