Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation planning

hussain_multhazim
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey SD experts

I need to give a solution on transportation planning for the business which is currently planned on excel sheets. Currently they get the sales order list and assign it to a particular route. Each route consists one or more trucks. They also maintain a fixed schedule from mon to sat where they have assigned which customer orders to be delivered. Thus once a sales order is received ( normally when a sales order is created  the next day the delivery is created) the employee will look on the customer and check the weekly schedule on when the delivery should happen. Once thats decided on the delivery day truck will be decided depending on the route. How can I satisfy this requirment on SAP. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Shipments are created for one or more deliveries. Based on what i understand from your requirement, you can combine all the deliveries in to a single shipment with similar route. shipment can be created immediately after creation of delivery.

shipments can be created collectively using transaction VT04, using paramenters like shipping point, route as filtering criteria.

Thanks,

Suresh