SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between the Device and Device info record?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have some queries related to device info records :

1.I would like to know the difference between the devices and Device Information Records?

2.Do we have the records for Device Info. Records in Master Table EQUI?If not,where are they maintained?

3.Under which scenarios,do we need to create the device information records?

4.Do the equipment no. exists for Device info record in PM application component?

Thanks in advance,

jeany.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all let me say that these are very good questions that you have asked. Let me answer your questions in the order you asked them:

1. Devices represent physical devices which you install in the field. Device Information records are more like virtual devices which do not actually exist but will give you the billing relevant information of the device.

2. You will not find device info. records in EQUI, they are maintained in the table EGERR. You can search by the device number field GERAET.

3. We generally create them in deregulated environments where the utility company does not own the meters.

4. Yes, every device Info record has an equipment number associated with it.

Thanks,

Raj.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all let me say that these are very good questions that you have asked. Let me answer your questions in the order you asked them:

1. Devices represent physical devices which you install in the field. Device Information records are more like virtual devices which do not actually exist but will give you the billing relevant information of the device.

2. You will not find device info. records in EQUI, they are maintained in the table EGERR. You can search by the device number field GERAET.

3. We generally create them in deregulated environments where the utility company does not own the meters.

4. Yes, every device Info record has an equipment number associated with it.

Thanks,

Raj.

0 Kudos

Thanks a ton Kiran Raj, easy to understand.