SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to define new legdel use total table PSGLFLEXT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

SAP Experts

I want to define new Legdel use totals table PSGLFLEXT,but when I go to path I cant find this total table ,then system can not save,

how can i to do this?

Budget Period Template in New General Ledger Locate this document in the navigation structure

To make use of the budget period account assignment element in the new General Ledger (G/L), you must either create a new ledger in the new scenario including the budget period or migrate the data from your old scenario, which did not include the budget period, to the new one.??

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/03/f1968109244986b0c3719d2670af08/content.htm

Procedure

Proceed as follows:

1. If you want to use a new ledger, you must first create it. To do this, access Customizing and choose Financial Accounting (New) —> Financial Accounting Global Settings (New) —> Ledgers —> Ledger —> Define Ledgers for General Ledger Accounting.
  2. Choose New Entries in the resulting view and enter a 2–character identifier and a name for your new ledger. Specify totals table PSGLFLEXT for the new ledger.
  3. In the same part of Customizing, choose Assign Scenarios and Customer Fields to Ledgers.
  4. Select your ledger (either the new one created above or your old one) in the resulting list and choose Scenarios in the Dialog Structure. Then choose New Entries.
  5. In the resulting list, enter scenario PS_BUDPER (Budget Period and Fund) for your ledger.
  6. If you are using an old ledger, you need to migrate your data from the old scenario to the new. Use transaction FAGL_MIGPS to do this.
  7. Drilldown reporting is available for the budget period. To access it, use transaction FGIO and pick report type 6: Reporting for PSGLFLEXT, where you can access the following reports:
    • G/L Accounts — Balances
    • Fin.Statement: Actual/Actual Comparison
    • Transaction Figures: Account Balance
    • Cash Flow
12 REPLIES 12

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Cheney luo, Which is your ledger now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to add new ladge for fm .but I cann't select this totals table ,but help say the can define this ledge use this total table,how can i to define use this total tabl?

0 Kudos

I understand what are u trying to do, but right now, what's the name of the total table ?

You have to "migrate" between tables.

You cant just add the name of the table and save the changes.

If you tell me the name of the table, I could help you.

Regards,

Oswald

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want follow help step to define new ledge ,but there is no this total table ,how can i to do?

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Cheney Luo,

Please check if business function PS_FA_CASH is activated. Please note that this function is part of EHP 4 and has several prerequisite functions.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Cheney Luo,

Sorry the function is PSM_FA_CASH and is activated in SFW5.

Thanks

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

I means how to do second step  as follows

Proceed as follows:

1. If you want to use a new ledger, you must first create it. To do this, access Customizing and choose Financial Accounting (New) —> Financial Accounting Global Settings (New) —> Ledgers —> Ledger —> Define Ledgers for General Ledger Accounting.
  2. Choose New Entries in the resulting view and enter a 2–character identifier and a name for your new ledger. Specify totals table PSGLFLEXT for the new ledger.

I follows this step , but when I define new ledge  but in option no this totals table ,how can I do this step?

0 Kudos

Cheney Luo,

The table PSGLFLEXT will appear as an option after you activate the function PSM_FA_CASH in transaction code SFW5.

Thanks

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

3ks very much

you can tell me how to use budget period control budget in month ??

i do this is for this ,but i find many thread in sdn, there is no one can tell me how to do budget control in month?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Shyamal Jajodia

I had activate the function PSA_FM_CASH but i only  can optione the total table FMGLFLEXT and FAGLFEXT,no PSGLFLEXT table, had any problem?

can you help me ,pls

0 Kudos

Cheney Luo,

It appears from your requirement that you want to use budget control by month. I don't think this is facilitated by NGL table PSGLFLEXT. The Budget Period account assignment does not refer to monthly budgets but rather to the period for which the budget is valid as required by US Federal agencies.

To perform budget control by period you can try setting up an availability control (AVC) ledger in FM-BCS. Budget can be posted by period but usually AVC is only on an annual or overall level. You can check whether a custom AVC ledger can be set up by period (month).

Thanks

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

3ks very much

but in snd ,i find some solution that can budget on month usd budget period ,the all refer to this help  can  control on month, but need to define new ledget use total table PSGLFLEXT and some scenior ,but in define new ledget no this total table ,so, i cann't do and test ,you can help me ?

and some can help me step by step

3ks