cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key figure values disappear after saving in planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a strange problem with one key figure of a planning book. I enter a value in a bucket of the key figure in the planning book - the value is shown in the bucket. After pressing the 'save button' all the entered values of the key figure disappear! The same if I execute a macro which calculates the values of the key figure. The macro works correctly, calculates values but when the macro wants to save the data all the values disappear.

Can somebody help?

Problem occurs in an APO consolidation system after a system copy. All other key figures work correctly - it is only one key figure with this problem. But the key figure has also no special settings.

Perhaps it has something to do with aggregates......?!

Wait for your responses?

Thanks and kind regards

Heinz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Heinz,

Could you please check ,what is disaggregation type for that key figure.

If it's N (No Dis aggregation) then please change it to some other and try.

Might be a disaggregation issue.

regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anurag,

thanks for your answer - yes, you are right - probably this is the reason.

Disaggregation type of this key figure is N (compared with the settings in production system it is P) - so, this must be the reason for this problem.

Now, how to solve this issue with an initialized planning area?

Do I have to save all the data from planning area in a cube - then de-initialize the planning area - correct the settings of the key figure from N to P - then initialize the planning area again and load all the data from infocube?

Or is there a easier way to correct this little setting?

Thanks again and kind regards

Heinz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Heinz,

As far as  the change in Keyfigure is concerned. you can always go and change the keyfigure settings from /sapapo/msdp_admin.

The planning area will not lose data. Only that particular keyfigure's data may change.

But to be on safer side the one which you  proposed is better.

Hope you understand my point.

Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anurag,

thanks for your help - everything worked as you mentioned.

Kind regards

Heinz

Answers (0)