Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Buttons in Adobe form integrated to Webdynpro

ganu_k
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am new to ADOBE forms and was making use of the excercises and samples provided in SDN. I have a requirment to design a ADOBE form with two buttons Submit and Send for Approval integrated with a webdynpro.

Based on the various help materials, i have created the webdynpro component with Interactive form element in the layout and have added OnSubmit event. However now I have two buttons on the ADOBE form, so how do i link it to TWO different action or event in Webdynpro?

All the examples provided always have only the Submit button in ADOBE form and on click the OnSubmit event / Method of Webdynpro is triggered. But now i have two buttons and require two different method to be triggered - Can you please suggest how to do it ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is suggested to use one button and on SUBMIT you can even send it for approval once it completes submit process.

Could you please explain why do you need two buttons and what each one does , so that I can give a correct solution.

Phani

ganu_k
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

First thanks on your response. As i mentioned I am new to Adobe forms hence my understanding is very limited.

My requirement is to check whether we can have 2 different buttons and based on the role of the user the buttons will have to appear.

Say 1) Dept 1 User - Get only Submit button to send it to for FI team for approval

2) Dept 2 User - Get 2 buttons (if possible) one for More/Additional Info or Approve request

Hence the reason i was requesting to know whether i can put two buttons and handle it.

let me know if it is possible, but in case iam getting the picture wrong, please advise as it will be good to learn and do things as preferred. thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Always the way suggested to handle the ADOBE interactive form is to use a webdynpro , use a UI for Interactive form in Wendynpro and then put buttons in the Wendynpro View and in this way it would be very easy to handle.

In case you want to do it in ADOBE form itself then you will have to write a lot of Scripting in ADobe form.

SAP suggested way is also the first way.

Hope this helps u .

Thanks

Phani

ganu_k
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Phani, that makes sense...thanks a lot for clarifying and providing the required guidance for new starters. thx

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ganu,

Incase if you want to use multiple buttons in the Adobeforms

You can try work around:

Create Invisible UI element ( TEXT field)

Use java script or form calc on click of each button.and update the UI element text field value as "submit" or "Send for Approval"  or etc.. if u have more button,

As u have this UI element mapped in context element of Webdynpro for ABAP. you can read the text of that UI element and decide which button was clicked.

Thanks & Regards,

~Raj

0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

can u tell me how ti invisible textfield in adobe forms