Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh / Clear the value of FIRST_TIME in WDDOMODIFYVIEW

UmaArjunan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

WD Experts,

I have checked the value of FIRST_TIME in WDDOMODIFYVIEW and displayed the view which is perfectly working for my requirement

The problem is :

When the user returns to the Main View ( Without refreshing the WD URL or WD application  ), he is navigating to other view, where this FIRST_TIME in WDDOMODIFYVIEW varaible is checked.

Whenever the user returns to the main vIew , i would like the clear  the parameter first_Time in WDDOMODIFYVIEW. Is this possible to achieve ? or is there any other way to initialise a particular view when its again triggered from the main view.

I already tried with node_Validated but it only validateds the node available in the view context. Becos of clear/ refresh issue , the display of view is completely wrong .Please suggest some ideas.

Thanks,

ABAP Dev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

In the properties tab of the view, set the property Lifetime of the view to "when visible" as shown in the below screenshot.

Regards,

Rohit

UmaArjunan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thank you so much. The propery change "when visible" is working perfectly for my requirement.

When ever i navigate from the main view to other view FIRST_TIME has been set. so the orignal view display is not affected because of this.

I have been trying one week to clear the variables, node_validate and all those things. None of them worked.

As i m new to WD i didnt get the idea of the entire and basic properties of view in general.

Could you please provides some description in brief how framework controlled and when visible is working so that this thread would be useful to everyone when they re-visit .

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I will mark as correct answer after your reply ..

Regards,

ABAP Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following explanation is from some PDF document i read.

The view controller is instantiated when the view is first called into action. In the view properties, you can set the lifetime to be tied to the Component Controller (Framework Controlled) or only when it is visible. In the when visible case, the view controller is released when the view is no longer part of the view assembly in the window.

I have observed that this property is not frequently used. and default value of Lifetime is Framework Controlled.

When you set it as When Visible and navigate away from the view the view controller is released. i.e. whenever next time you navigate back to this view, the execution will start from WDDOINIT .

Regards,

Rohit

ptpchem
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This worked for me. Great. Thank you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What is the lifetime of the view - "when visible" or "framework controlled"?

BR,

Suhas