cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to generate a result node in rule call back GET_MONI_SEGMENT_NAMES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am configuring RZ20 for RFC Connections in Availability and Performance Overview.

In all systems I am getting the child nodes, but only in one of the system I am not getting child nodes for Availability and Performance Overview.

And the error log which I am getting is Failed to generate a result node in rule call back GET_MONI_SEGMENT_NAMES

Message no. RA258

Diagnosis
The system failed to generate a result node in the rule callback specified. This is caused by an internal error in the monitoring architecture.

Procedure
Internal error. Contact the SAP Hotline.

Please let me know if I am missing any configuration.in CCMS.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

Any update on the matter? I'm facing this same issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ronson

If you are using kernel 720, please refer to note 1368389 to disable old RFC based agents from your central instance and other java instance. Then unregister and remove them. If you are using sapccm4x to monitor SCS instance,please keep it as it is.

Pease follow below online help to register the agents integrated in the program sapstartsrv.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/44/86b3b2cc8812d2e10000000a422035/frameset.htm

If you find many segments are shutdown, please try to stop the whole system.Then delete all the AL* files under DIR_LOGGING.Please do the same for other java instances. After that please restart the whole system to check if the same issue happens again.

I hope this helps!

Tapan