Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Role name is not appearing in Composite role Menu after doing re import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am getting problem while creating composite role. I have created composite role and added single roles in that, after re import menu of composite role, only  t-code related to single role is appearing (folder with name/description of single role is not getting created). 10 days back it was not the issue in the system.

Please suggest...

Thanks--

Guru Prasad Dwivedi..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member202471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I agree with Varun and in addition, if it does not work and the descriptions are still missing in the roles menu, then you can have a look at the content of table AGR_HIERT, TSTCT and SMENSAPT for the affected roles.

You can also consider running the reports attached to SAP Note #538328 and the report PRGN_CORRMEN2 as well (this report probably is already created in your system).

I hope it helps you.

Best regards,

Felipe Fonseca.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

1st of all , Make tab as "Switch ON technical name" --> Read Menu

If singles roles are already existing "Merge" then verify.

Else i recommend to delete single role assigment and add it again and try above method.  Its tested.

Pls check it at your end and respond, it should work.

For more details you can go through the belwo link---

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_wp/helpdata/en/6c/d2216aa67b11d3b513006094b9eac6/content.htm

Regards,

Varun Jain

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member202471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I agree with Varun and in addition, if it does not work and the descriptions are still missing in the roles menu, then you can have a look at the content of table AGR_HIERT, TSTCT and SMENSAPT for the affected roles.

You can also consider running the reports attached to SAP Note #538328 and the report PRGN_CORRMEN2 as well (this report probably is already created in your system).

I hope it helps you.

Best regards,

Felipe Fonseca.

0 Kudos

I got your point which you want to explain, but this is not the case.

I have created composite role ZCJ:TEST with its single role ZSJ:TEST. please refer the first two screen shots and compare with last two.

While in some other system this problem is not there

Can you suggest how folder name can be retain.

0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I saw your screen shots but I can not say why this problem is coming until I would know the background of it  like what you changed int he setting and something else.

But yes I tried the same scenario at my system , just delete the single role from the composite role and then add it again. once you will import the menu / merge the role, the name of role will be reflected automatically in the menu tab of composite role and below that the T-code will show.

Please try it and let us know if it did not work.

Thanks,

VarunJain

0 Kudos

Hello

The screen shots appear to show that you have maintained the menu of the composite? I you create another composite role and add your singles to it but do not maintain the composite menu do you then see the correct menu when logged on as a test user with the composite role?

Kind regards

David

0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check the customizing as I suggested in your OSS message?

Table SSM_CUST --> COLL_READ_LEVEL_1 = ON/OFF

My guess is, that you have switched it to 'OFF'.

Documented in SAP note 498074.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Yes  I checked and it workes ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you can see, posting a question without enough infos about what you did to create the problem and tried already to resolve the problem is not very fruitfull, because you get random related OSS notes and links posted as answers.

Personally I would tip on inconsisent settings for menu redundancy and compression where single roles have different original languages, and some person who never attended any training read some thread in the internet about how to convert the original language via SE37 and did not consider the consequences.

But that is just a guess. I might be wrong.

Cheers,

Julius

PS: If you avoid composite roles, this risk is also minimized and your roles are generally much more mature and sustainable.

PPS: By the same token, you should not destroy your authorization concept just because of some auditor brainstorming session which does not apply to your risk scenario. Build robust single roles and you will experience none of these problems (except perhaps for F_BKPF_KOA, but you can make a very small number of exceptions).