Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Growth in ORDKEY table in liveCache

jeff_dillon
Explorer
0 Kudos

All:

We have noticed our ORDKEY table (structure /SAPAPO/OM_ORDERKEY_TAB) is steadily growing and all of the growth seems to be confined to Order Type 23 (Safety Stock).  This doesn't impact the safety stock values used in the planning books, but it is causing the table to perform poorly.  The table itself is not very helpful in terms of identifying what or when an order is for.

Is there a way to delete the unused entries for the ORDKEY table without impacting the ones we need?  Shouldn't something in liveCache be doing this automatically or is there a setting we are missing?

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try running //SDORDER_DEL program in APO to help delete the obsolete orders ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you using both SNP and PP/DS?

regards,

J.

jeff_dillon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, we use both SNP and PP/DS for our planning.

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are creating safety stock liveCache orders with the relevant PP/DS heuristic (I imagine in a daily or weekly basis), aren't you using the option of deleting previous SS orders before creating new ones? Or you are seeing the ORDKEY table grow but it is not related to existing liveCache orders (PP/DS).

regards,

J.

jeff_dillon
Explorer
0 Kudos

James,

I think you're onto something.  We are using SAP_PP_018 heuristic, with the radio button set to "Create and Adjust Safety Stock Requirements" rather than "Delete Existing Safety Stock Requirements."

Is there a way to have the heuristic do both, or do I need to copy SAP_PP_018 and have it delete the requirements immediately before it generates new ones?

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I always used two separate variants, one for deleting existing SS requirement orders, the other for creating the new ones.

It is fast enough, and this gives you a clearer picture of what you are doing.

regards,

J.

jeff_dillon
Explorer
0 Kudos

James,

I have created a new heuristic to delete the safety stock orders, but the size of the table is not decreasing.  Any ideas what might be wrong?

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you already tried report /SAPAPO/OM_ORDKEY_ORDMAP_CHECK?

Please read post  http://scn.sap.com/thread/1396829,  may be it will help you clarify your issue. Check also OSS notes regarding that report, just in case.

thanks,

J.

jeff_dillon
Explorer
0 Kudos

James,

Sorry about the delay in responding -- I have been going back and forth with SAP on this since October.  They could not tell me where these orders were coming from, but finally gave us code to delete them.  Currently, we are running a regularly scheduled job that deletes all safety stock orders older than 90 days from liveCache.  This controls the size of the table without impacting the users.

Since these old orders are not visible in any books/views/boards, deleting them seems to be an acceptable answer.  We are still reviewing every job that runs in out system overnight to try to identify what creates these orders.

I'll post if I find the root cause.

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, good it is at least controlled (I agree that finding the root cause is better, but sometimes it just doesn't happen). Just curious: is there an OSS note with the code to delete the orders?

regards,

J.

jeff_dillon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi James,

The OSS Note they gave us is 1807155.  We used that as a basis for code we wrote ourselves to add some checks and also to limit the deletions by number of packets.  (We had too many orders to delete them all at once.)

Of the 30+MM records, we were able to delete > 27MM in less than two days.  We have seen performance on the table improve since then.

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks for sharing!

J.