cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver PI 7.3 system copy using DB specific procedure - NWA getting HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've done my first run through a test system copy process which will involve moving a NW 7.3 PI (ABAP+Java) system from one AIX LPAR to a new location.

The system was initially installed using a virtual hostname, so this will hostname will remain in place after the move (network team will do the DNS update for the new IP address).

I based the initial test on the DB Specific mehtod of system copy (backup & restore) and initially it appeared to have copied ok. I can connect to the PI RWB, SLD etc but the netweaver administrator,system information & EJB Explorer on the Java start page throw the following error :-

500   Internal Server ErrorSAP NetWeaver Application Server/Java AS

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com$sap$tc$lm$co$ui$nwa$localnavigation$repository$NWAProfessionalApplication ------------------------- Loader Info ------------------------- ClassLoader name: [sap.com/tc~lm~itsam~ui~mainframe~wd] Loader hash code: 66b82c67 Living status: alive Direct parent loaders: [system:Frame] [interface:webservices] [interface:cross] [interface:security] [interface:transactionext] [library:webservices_lib] [library:opensql] [library:jms] [library:ejb20] [service:p4] [service:ejb] [service:servlet_jsp] [service:engine.security.facade] [library:engine.j2ee14.facade] [service:engine.dsr.facade] [sap.com/tc~wd~restricted] [sap.com/tc~lm~itsam~co~ui~nwa~localnavigation~wd] [sap.com/tc~lm~itsam~ui~proxy] Resources: /usr/sap/XIP/DVEBMGS30/j2ee/cluster/apps/sap.com/tc~lm~itsam~ui~mainframe~wd/servlet_jsp/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/tc~lm~itsam~ui~mainframe~wd/root/WEB-INF/lib/sap.com~tc~lm~itsam~ui~mainframe~wd.jar ---------------------------------------------------------------

at com.sap.engine.boot.loader.MultiParentClassLoader.loadClass(MultiParentClassLoader.java:278)

at com.sap.engine.boot.loader.MultiParentClassLoader.loadClass(MultiParentClassLoader.java:247)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.JavaType.getClass(JavaType.java:189)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.JavaType.retrieveClass(JavaType.java:209)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.JavaType.<init>(JavaType.java:55)

... 60 more

Looking at the default trace file there is no indication as to the reason for this.

All the other Java start page options work ok - Web Services Navigator, User Management, Web Dynpro, SPA Management Console etc without error.

My method of copy was to shutdown the source system, full DB backup taken, copied over the SAP & Oracle environment files /sapmnt and /usr/sap filesystem contents to the new location and restored the database onto the new target system.

I've done this many times in the past for ABAP based SAP systems based on NW 7.0 and below.

I'm looking to have another attempt using the NW 7.3 process as per the docs using the Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 with the DB backup/restore method. I think doing this will only involve running the SPM 1.0 process on the target system in conjunction with the database restore. I tried running SPM 1.0 on the source system but that assumes a standard  R3load export/import is being performed as there was no option to specify that a DB specific copy method was being used.

Before I try again using the SPM 1.0 sapinst target system copy process does anyone know what the reason could be for the above 500 Internal Error when trying to use the NWA on the Java instance.

Also, am I right in thinking that when using the DB specific method of NW 7.3 system copy then the SPM 1.0 source system export process is not required as it will only dump out the DB contents to an export directory using the R3load utilities.

Regards,

Brian.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that Roman, much appreciated.

Why would this need to be patched though as he system copy process should have all the source system component levels etc, it works ok on the source system but not on the target after the system copy. Everything else looks good and seems to work.

So not sure why the NWA would require a patch.

Regards,

Brian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The root cause of your issue - the NWAProfessionalApplication class file is missing. Why this happens - i don't know.

Regards,
Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

thanks again for your reply.

I have tried several things since last night and by chance I tried using a Firefox browser - the NWA works with it without error. So this error seems to be related to using the NWA after the system copy with my Internet explorer browser.

On the source system that was copied I have no issue using Internet explorer, but on the target I get the 500 Internal server error. But using Firefox there is no error.

This is very strange, I think I may need to open a message with SAP on this very strange behaviour using the NWA post system copy.

Regards,

Brian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. Please inform me about solution to this issue. I think this relate to security settings of your IE.

Regards

Roman

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I know this topic is more than a year old but I'm facing the exact same error in a 7.30 portal after restoring it (patched it, patches weren't ok for customer, so restored the system) - the portal itself doesn't seem to have a problem but NWA etc. isn't working anymore. The only error I get is that Java exception.

We've already renamed server0 folder so it rebuilt itself and we've already tried it with different sap jvm (6) patches and so on - same error as before.

I know that nwa had worked on that patchlevel before so I can't find a reason why it suddenly doesn't.

We tested it with IE (10) and Firefox (21) - no difference.

Did you find any solution to your problem?

Many thanks and best wishes

Marie

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Could you open a new thread and upload the default trace files please ?

Regards

RB

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi together,

just fyi: I opened thread http://scn.sap.com/message/14563630#14563630

But maybe Brian will let us know how the issue has finally been solved for him...

Best wishes

Marie