cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete Transport request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts, I have created one request but now want to delete it, when I went to SE10 and selected the requested and tried to delete, its not letting me to delete and giving an info message Global Information can not be read.

Message no. PU823

Please suggest what to do.

Thanks in advance.

Salil Bagchi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you have your SAP user ID maintained in sapnames under /usr/sap/trans with the right authorities. Also check you have read/write permission on /usr/sap/trans.

gururaj_srinivasa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Salil,

Is the transport request already released? if it is a released request you will not be able to delete it from SE10 / SE09. You can only delete the data file and cofile of this request from OS level and delete the transport request entry from target system ( Quality system) import queue to avoid transporting this by mistake.

Hope this helps,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salil,

There might be permission issue with your /usr/sap/trans which indicating global information can not be read. Can you check permissions on /usr/sap/trans also can you paste more details about the error.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Salil,

You can use the transaction SE03, to do the request manupulation. Check for the various options available, unlock the objects of the request and then delete the objects. Once the objects are deleted, the request can also be deleted, if you are facing the problem from other transactions.

Regards,

Hardik Mehta

amol_samte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Salil,

Please refer below link,

http://scn.sap.com/thread/488138

Regards,

Amol