Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help finding JNet ActiveX Control for download

former_member210148
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am working on a WD4A application that requires a new View.  In the Window, I'd like to use the graphical editor to define my navigation between my new View and an existing View.  When I click the "Switch Window Editor View" button, I get the following error message:

"Install JNet ActiveX Control (http://graphics1.wdf.sap.corp:1080/jnet/Download.html#deployActiveX4SAP)

However, when I try to go to that link, I get a message that Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.

I've Googled for over an hour, but I'm unable to find a place from where I can download this ActiveX control.  I found an SAP help document that confirmed the JNet ActiveX Control is a prerequisite for the graphical Window Editor which can be installed directly as part of the SAP GUI installation.  I don't recall seeing such a prompt or option for it, so I'm assuming it as just part of the SAP GUI installation.  But for whatever reason, I don't have it.

Does anyone know where I can find this for download?  Is installation straight-forward?

Thanks so much!

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

This component comes with the SAPgui installation, so I wonder if your Basis folks intentionally removed the ActiveX component from the installer, e.g., for security policy reasons. You could try running the question by your Basis folks.

Or run the installer again and manually select JNet.

Cheers,

Amy

former_member210148
Participant
0 Kudos

Amy, that was exactly the direction in which I needed pointing.  I was able to install that component, and it is now showing the graphical view.  Thank you!

Dave

Former Member

Hi,

I don't know why sap jnet not active to install.

Is there any link to install it?

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pappu_kumar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amy King,

Thanks Amy .

Information was very usefull. i was geting the same error but after fresh SAP GUI installation, issue got resolved.

Regard,

Pappu.