cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer stock from job to job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to reserve stock against a job. I can do it in CJ20N. My primary concern is to transfer stock from one job to another job.

By using CJ20N i can delete the reservation against a job- stock goes back to storage location - issue it to another job. This is a 3 step process.

I need to be able to transfer stock from one job to another job without using storage location as an intermediary.

Thanks,

Dee.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member513364
Participant
0 Kudos

If the stock is project level stock, do transfer posting from one proj to another by movement type 415Q.

AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murthy & Mahendra,

We do not keep project stock. It is plant stock at storage location.

Thanks,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Whether its project stock or plant stock, storage location for storing material is a must in plant.

Pick a any material and go to MM03 and check for Storage location views or you can use RSEB table you will find storage location.

What I assume from your post that, you have material in inventory that is generic stock. You can consume inventory material for any project or general requirement also.

Coming to reservation against job against your Network requirement which are made against available in inventory, its only reservation but still you can consume for another job and no need to referene while transferring from inventory to consumption. These resevations are not so rigid as projec stock.

You can check with your WM consultant how he can do without using storage location.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhakar,

I do have a storage location defined and stocks are at that storage location.

I have stock reserved against a job (network+activity). It is important to reserve against a job against a first come first serve basis. In exceptional cases this reservation has to be tranferred to another job. It is not consumed by the new job, rather only the reservation has to be transferred to another job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

While using MB1B, you will not see acct assignment N, you can use Mvt type 311 (transfer posting from Slocation to Slocation).

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhakar, I dont need to transfer stock from SLOC to SLOC. I need to keep it in the same SLOC but change the reservation from a job to job.

Regards,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Try Using tac-MIGO, select transfer posting and Reservation from drop down and input Mvt type 311.

This might work for you. Else contact your WM guy.

Regards,

Sudhakar

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepak,

What I understood from your post is, that you have an activity A against which reservations have been created for a particular material, now there is an another activity B for which the same material is required on urgent basis, now what you are trying to ask is, can the reservation created for activity A be transferred to activity B? (Am i rite?) If that is so, please understand that you cannot transfer a reservation created for a particular activity to another activity. What you should do is, for activity B system would have created another reservation, issue the material for this reservation instead of reservation created for activity A.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if i'm understood your requirement like you want to transfer reservation

I assume not possible in standard sap reservation transfer. if you want to use material which already reserve with XXXX reservation no. suppose, (don't have extra material for use in new job).

then you delete first reservation material will come it's actual location where material was avail for reservation. then create new reservation for new job.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhakar, this does not work as it says no materials available to be selected.

Regards,

Deepak.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are u referring as job here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Account assignment N. Network and activity code combination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the stock is Project stock or Plant stock ?

Regards,

Mahendra