Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCO : How to feed data - blending machine

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I am currently exploring PCO  2.2 functionalities . I would like know the  technique to feed the blending information to the machine for example (Tea blending machine )  from SAP MII . What should be the approach if its either an OPC or  non OPC System .

Regards

Kishore K V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore

Here are the general steps to follow for setting up an OPC interface to a machine for MII Access:

1. Install/configure OPC Server to connect to the machine
  2. Install/configure PCo, OPC Source Agent, OPC Agent Instance to provide a query source for MII
  3. Create a PCoConnector in MII Data Servers and connect to the OPC Agent Instance in step 2
  4. Create a PCoQuery using the PCoConnector above, set Mode to TagStore
  5. Create an MII Transaction that can retrieve the recipe settings from the the recipe source (MDO source, ERP, etc) and generate the tag write data to send to the PCo Agent Instance through the PCoQuery template.

If your blending machine is not OPC Compliant, but supports another interface such a file transfer or database, you can use the general steps above as well.  PCo supports Source Agents for OLEDB and ODBC data sources, File data sources, and also ships with a Source Agent SDK for use if a custom Source Agent needs to be developed for a source not currently supported in Plant Connectivity.

Regards, Steve

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Steve ! info was very useful !

Regards

Kishore

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Kishore, First question is if your machine is OPC compliant, Yes you can use PCO to read and write.

But tea blending machine...are you talking about blender we see in Kitchen  ??

Thanks

Hari

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Hari ,

I am aware that PCO can read/write .But i was looking for steps /approach to achieve if its OPC Compliant  or NON -OPC Compliant .

I have taken Tea blending machine as an example . Further check  this URL for your understanding    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luv7Bc8yg9s&feature=related .

The video shows Machine can produce up to 250 varieties of tea  . Lets assume the configuration Should come from ERP and  feed to machine . How will you do this ?  i

Regards

Kishore

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Kishore, well..if you know specific model/make.. of your particular machine, (i doesn't matter if it is tea blending or coffee blending machine) ..you can find more information from vendor website whether it compliant with OPC or not ..i guess ..you know this information as well.

If it is not opc compliant..it depends on how that machine interfaces to out side applications.

And,Sorry..if this doesn't answer your question.

Hari