cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI Installation error in step 'Starting J2EE Engine'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install SAP XI with MAX DB on Windows. I installed ABAP Central and database instances successfully.

While installing Java Add-on, an error occurred in the step "Start J2EE Engine" and the error is “Starting J2EE Engine DVEBMGS00 of SAP system XXX failed: after 99 seconds the state of the engine changed from "Starting" to "Stopped".

However when I looked into logs file (std_server0.out), I found the message "Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for object heap".

Any Inputs would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandra

Did you check the pre requisite fo the installation . The VM should be at least 1/3 times of the total memory available . During the install it gives you the memory available and it calculates some memory to allocate but there is also an expalanation which says that it should be 1/3 times of the memory available . please check again and let me know .

Regards

Rahul

***Please Award points if help is useful ***

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have reduced the Heap Size, it took a default value of 1024MB intially that is half of my machines RAM size , I changed it to 256MB and installed XI successfully.

Thanks all for your support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Chandra,

If you have OSS Access please have a look at note 802600.

This note is applicable to your installation error. Apply SAP recommended JAVA Parameters

Best luck

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if u changed memory parameter in dialog during installation....left it default next time.

former_member189354
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While installing Java Addin to ABAP Central instance it will ask Max Java Head Size you need to give appropritate value. System will automatically takes the values based on your configuration. The other point you need to do is Virtual Memory space needs SAP recommends is Your Main Memory size + 8 * MainMemore Size. After this parameter can you try once again.

Regards,

Daniel. LA