cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Installation Issue -- Perl compilation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I hit an issue when I installed HANA Database on my SUSE server, as the screenshot attached, could you pls throw me some light on it?  Thanks!

SAP NewDB Installer Runtime Error:

perl compilation error: (loading SDB::Install::App::Console::Installation):

Can't locate SDB/Install/App/Console/Installation.pm in  /sap/SAP_HANA_DATABASE/instruntime/SDBINST.TGZ  /sap/SAP_HANA_DATABASE/instruntime

I tried to analyze the issue from below aspects:

1. Installation file. The HANA DB installation file is SP03 and it was successfully installed in other machines serveral weeks ago.

2. OS environment. I'm sure the SUSE version is correct (SUSE for SAP Application) as the installation DVD has been used many times.

3. Hardware environment. The error msg seems doesn't imply a hardware issue.

BTW, the error msg says the installation script SDB/Install/App/Console/Installation.pm cannot be loaceted in file /sap/SAP_HANA_DATABASE/instruntime/SDBINST.TGZ, but when i manually open SDBINST.TGZ,  the Installation.pm does exsit there.

So i have no clue now, seek for your expertise!

Thanks,

Sugie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks veryone. I've solved the issue.

When copied from windows to suse, the file SDBINST.TGZ was changed to lower case. Renaming it to upper case killed this issue.

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sugie,

we got stuck on the same issue.

Thank you for taking the time to post the answer.

All the best,

Andy Silvey.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still seeking for suggestions, any iead will be highly welcome!!

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sugie:

Go through this document @ http://www.sendspace.com/file/y53zor - it is from an earlier blog.

Good luck!

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sugie,

HANA is delivered as appliance so there is no need for an installation of the software, because it should be installed by your hardware vendor. However, I can only assume that the archive is damaged somehow. I recommend to contact your hardware vendor resp. to open an oss message for this issue, because as I said it is an appliance and there is no need for installation on the customer site. If you are working for a hardware vendor I would expect that you have some guys internally who can help you.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.