cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with retries in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I'm new in this forum and i have a very big problem with a scenario in PI.

We have a File -> PI -> SOAP async scenario, when the SOAP server is down, the receive communication channel is programed to retry sending 200 times in a 15 minutes period. But this doesn't mean that the messages are getting to their destination in the same order that they get into PI. Example:

File A0001.xml is read at 10:03 retry times are:

10:03     10:18     10:33     10:48

File A0002.xml is read at 10:13 retry times are:

10:13      10:28     10:43     10:58

File A0003.xml is read at 10:32 retry times are:

10:32       10:47    11:02     11:17

If server is up at 10:40am, the arrival time of the messages is:

1. A0002.xml

2. A0003.xml

3. A0001.xml

The client needs that this messages behave like a FIFO queue but I don't know how to change the processing channel or how to handle the scenario so, if there's an error in the delivery, it won't delete the message from the folder till it delivers correctly to the web service.

I'm really worried and stressed because of this because I can't find a quick fix. Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sufw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christina,

have you tried setting the quality of service in the Sender File communication channel ("Processing" tab) to "Exactly Once in Order"? I can't say I've ever tested whether this maintains the order in the case of errors on the Receiver side, but I think it should?

Sascha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot! The scenario worked and now is doing the retrys in FIFO order. Your comments were very helpful and I'm very thankful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki and Sascha!

Thanks for reply and I will try to test both suggestions.
iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As Sascha mentioned use EOIO processiung mode in File sender channel but it asks for queue name, enter any dummy name.

Interface determiantion use  maintain order runtume check box checked