cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan 7.1 SR1 New Installation LMDB Job Running Forever!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently did a fresh install of Solution Manager 7.1 SR1 and went through almost all steps of transaction solman_setup. Now, the LMDB/Select SLD step seems to have kicked off a background task and it has been running for a while now (~20hrs+). Is this normal or is something wrong here? I don't see any active background jobs in SM37 as well. Also, I haven't even added any other SAP servers to SLD. Below are the process details from SM50:

Type: Background

Main Program: AI_LMDB_R_NOTIFY_RUNNER

Report: CL_LMDB_CIM_PERS_DB===========CP

User Name: SOLMAN_BTC

Action: Direct Read

Table: LMDB_P_INSTANCE

I checked the size of above table and it has 3,521,874 records in it. I was wondering if it is normal to have these many records on a fresh install?

I also ran report RLMDB_SHM_READ_TEST to test the LMDB response times and below is what I got:

Reading ChangelogId: 1.351.635.291.000.001.000  SHM build on UTC time:  20.121.030.221.507,6977970   in NamespaceID: LDB:0000000001

Even if I restart server the job starts back automatically.

Appreciate your response... Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These number of entries in the table LMDB_P_INSTANCE is normal. I would recommend running stats for the table, if on Oracle. Then cancel the job/work process and try starting the same again via solman_setup.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response. I am on Sybase and I will try updating the stats and see if that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the the documentation links provided in the thread :

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3201419

Regards,

Srikishan

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FYI, BTC job *LMDB* should be visible in SM37. In solman_setup -> LMDB page -> move your pointer over the small clock icon, it'll show you the status in percentage.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nicholas,

I did check the status in solman_setup and it did show as green (100% complete) but the *LMDB* task was still running.

What I understood and think might have happened is- I had restarted the SAP server before the job could finish and probably after the restart solman_setup might somehow have assumed the task was finished and hence showed as complete while the original task started again in background automatically since it was scheduled.

I have now run the statistics on tables LMDB_P_INSTANCE & D010INC and the job is now finished and I no longer see it in SM50.

Thanks you all!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shauking
Explorer
0 Kudos

Also check 1594654 - LMDB Content Sync: Performance and Reference Numbers.  Unfortunately the initial FULL Sync takes about 20 hours to complete according to SAP's benchmark.  If the (xxx changes/s) in the job log falls far below 10 changes/s, then you need to check the system performance.