Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksizing for ABAP Proxy sattelite systems interface

andresousa
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

I was checking on the SAP quicksizer project we have for PI and I wonder how can we have an idea of the number of SAPs that will be necessary for the ABAP Proxy clients (satellite systems) that we integrate with PI using the XI protocol. The idea is to calculate the number of SAPs not only for PI, but also for all the satellite systems that integrate with PI in this interface scenario.

I believe that for high volume scenarios, this can make a diffence. What would be the best way to go? Should we create another specific sizing project for the ABAP clients using XI protocol only? I believe that we will come up with a number of SAPS, and memory for both ABAP and J2EE instances, but I also believe that in this case, the quicksizer considers, in its calculations, that the messages would be passing through a PI system, that is, not only passing through an Integration engine (as it is for standalone ABAP proxy clients), but also, through all PI pipeline steps. this all influentiate on the number of saps we get as a result of a PI quicksizing project.

The point is what we do int terms of the satellite systyems. For these, II see three possibilities:

1. Ignore the load on sattelite systems Integration Engine (not sure if this would be good, as I think this may play a difference in high volume scenarios)

2. Consider the sizing for the interfaces using XI adapter in a PI quicksizing project and consider the obtained amount of SAPs as an estimation (even though it may be an overestimated number, as we have no pipeline steps in satellite systems Integration Engines)

3. Consider half of the number of the calculated sizing for PI system.

Do you guys see any other possibilities?

Thanks and regards,

Andre

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My personal suggestion & I'm no Basis expert...

Why type of systems are the Abap satellite systems, ECC? They would have either started off going through a sizing exercise, or started off with a minimum specification requirement & then gradually ramped up where there was need for additional resources...

I would do a separate calculation for each satellite system & the PI system...

- For PI system, calculate SAPS based full estimated load from all source systems & build in some fat...

- For satellite systems, calculate SAPS (1) based on current usage. Then do a new PI quick sizing for the additional XI Protocol load - you could probably at least half this SAPS (2) calculation because it's not going through the full pipeline steps. Add SAPS (1) and SAPS (2) and you have a starting point.

Then you simulate a load test on satellite systems & PI close to projected numbers in a productive scenario & tune satellite & PI systems accordingly.

Regards, Trevor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andresousa
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

Thanks a lot for your quick answers. I'll go about creating a quicksizer project with XI protocol and then consider half of the number of obtained SAPs added to the number of SAPs based on the current usage. Should be a good starting point.

This questions comes up in the context of SAP GRC NFE 10.0 solution, which is meant to address Brazilian government requirments, and it will be installed as an ADD-On to an standalone ABAP instance. Lots of messages are meant to be exchanged with a separated PI system by means of ABAP Proxy.

Kind regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

as of my understanding best way is , get the sizing for PI with all systems load, check the percentage of process each satellite system will have (interfaces with PI) and add the proportionate saps to your satellite system's existing sizing.

regards,