cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response Comparison not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRM 7.02 with PPS (ECS) using NWBC

Under a TEB (two envelope bid), the RFx Response Comparison is not available.

TEB is created and published successfully with questions to be weighted (Tech Evaluator added ok). Bidders confirm participation, and create both offers (Tech response in cFolder and Price response) with no issues, answering questions that will be evaluated.

Then, Tech responses can be accepted or rejected. But after acceptance, there's no Price comparison available or weight to evaluate. Only available action is to accept or reject the offers.

The screen shown just says "Responses" and no "Responses and Awards".

This is just happening with two envelope bidding processes. Another bidding process without TEB has the responses comparison screen available and works ok.

Customizing is complete, as suggested in Help:

• BF activated: SRM_SOURCING_1 and SRM_SOURCING_2
  • Customizing switches activated: SRM_701_RFX_RESP_FLEXIBILITY and SRM_702_BID_SIMULATION
  • User has Strategic Purchaser role.

Is it possible that we are misconducting the process? What should the functional process be for Tech and Prices responses evaluation in a TEB? Maybe an unexpected error with NWBC?

Any comments or ideas are welcome

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution for this problem was to activate and set up the Simultaneous Login functionality. Though it seemed to be optional, I had to activate this feature. So it looks like it's mandatory.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

As far as I know price comparision can happen only after succefull completion of "Price Opening Stage".

Why you want the price comparision feature after "Technical Opening Stage".

After Technical opening stage there is only option for accepting or rejecting bids based on the technical evaluation in C-Folder.

Bidders who are accepted in the technical opening stage only qualify for price opening stage.

After price opening stage only the bid prices can be seen and compared.

In case single envelope bid, there is one stage of opening and hence price comparion is available.

With Regards,

Malay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malay. I agree with your first statement, but it looks like that I'm not doing the TEB process correctly. Could you please tell me how to initiate price opening stage? Is there a button or anything in the bid or offers? Because I can accept the Tech Responses, but then the Price Offers are in status submitted, I can check the price and answers, but there's no comparison available.

Thanks for the help. Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once price opening date and time reached "Initiate Price RFx opening" button will be activated.

Purchaser has to initiate the opening.

If multi log on function is activated through customizing switch "SRM_701_SIMULTANEOUS_LOGON" then all members of price opening team should give their concurrence through button "Open Price RFx Response button".

With Regards,

Malay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Malay, I really can't see it. Should it be placed at header level? I have reached date and time but it doesn't seem to be there.

http://i45.tinypic.com/30aq1hl.png

http://i45.tinypic.com/o9gwoj.png

http://i46.tinypic.com/hv7zmc.png

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Yes, it will be available in header only.

The button "Initiate Price RFx opening" will be available to only bid administrator in Permission tab. please make sure..

Also You should refresh your POWL before navigating to RFx.

With Regards,

Malay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

The buttons are available in header only.

The button "Initiate price RFx response opening" is available to bid admin only in permissions. Please make sure you log in as bid admin.

Also refresh the POWL before you open the RFx while navigating.

With Regards,

Malay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Malay. I've followed your tips and the user already had the bid floor admin permission.

However, I still don't see the button "initiate price rfx response comparison".

Maybe it's related to the Simultaneous Login feature, but I thought it was not mandatory. The used transaction type does not have it activated.

http://i48.tinypic.com/30ljk84.png

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Kindly check whether you have activated Adaptable RFx Response Handling. If not follow the SPRO Path and activate .

SRM Server -->RFx-->

Extended RFx Process--> RFx Response---> Activate/Deactivate Adaptable RFx Response Handling

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashok. I don't have it activated, is it mandatory for Response Comparison functionality?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

Have u assigned any user in Permisions as Opener in TEB ? Until an unless Bid Floor administrator clicks on Initiates  Price RFx Response Opening and Price Opener clicks on Open Price RFx Response , Response comparision tab will not appear till the SImulatenous Login is successful for Price .

Thanks,

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica, thanks for your answer.

I get to the point of accepting Tech Responses and then I can see the Price Responses in status "Submitted" and the only actions left are Accept, Reject or Return (for every single offer).

I can't see that button "Initates Price RFx Response Opening" but you mention Simultaneous Login: is it mandatory for TEB? I haven't configured it.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simultaneous Login resulted to be mandatory for TEB.