cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC automated monitoring overview: comments requested

Former Member
0 Kudos

Almost a year ago, I posted the AMF Overview document to this site. It's gathered quite a few views, and a few comments/ratings in the first couple of months, before a site update erased that history .

Over the past year, I've answered several questions beyond what's addressed in the document. So perhaps it makes sense to update that document? I'm thinking of the following categories of updates:

1. Fix typos, stylistic warts, document organization improvements

2. Add information on use of BRF+ workbench

3. Add information on use of "external partner" web services

4. Add information on use of "BW Query" data sources when accessing ODP layer in ABAP backends

What would you like to see? I'd prefer replies on this thread. But you can also email me, if you want to keep it private.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've reread the document, which is really useful.  Some additional information on BRF+ workbench might be useful, because many customers seem to want to do calculations which are more complicated than what can be done with standard PC.  One bit of useful information we may want to add is to reference the Audit Information System (AIS) queries that already exist in ECC systems.  Many of the pre-delivered rules in PC 3.0 used these queries.  Often the type of information the customer wants to monitor is already provided in those queries, so they can just create an SAP Query subscenario.  I will send you a Powerpoint on AIS and the queries available. 

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

did you create an update on the document?

I am very interested on the point:

Add information on use of "BW Query" data sources when accessing ODP layer in ABAP backends

Also on BRF+ Configuration.

Thanks for your response.

Regards,

Manuela

Former Member
0 Kudos

I rewrote much of the material for the "Implementing SAP GRC" SAP Press book ( Implementing SAP Governance, Risk, and Compliance. of Asokkumar Christian, D. Rajen Iyer, Atul Sudh...). I'm currently exploring the use of HANA calculation views for CCM in GRC PC, which I will probably write up in a post or a paper on SCN.

Thanks for reading, and stay in touch--it's easier to justify the effort if there's actual demand for such writing .

vdoux
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I think a summary of requirement for authorization will be helpfull also:

- required authorization in GRC for RFC user related to target connector

- required authorization in Target systemfor RFC user related to source connector

- required authorization in GRC PC for PC end users

Regards

chris_johnston
Explorer
0 Kudos

Atul,

What is needed is an effort by someone who understands ERP to identify as many of the controls, settings, configurations etc which are available in the ERP systems and then for someone in the GRC team to build controls for each of these. It would be amazing if we could offer the powerful functionality of AMF along with several prebuilt controls for an SAP backend specifically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris, I agree with what you say, and in fact we are working on that--more on that in coming weeks.

But that's a separate topic; AMF itself is important PC functionality, and a key differentiator. The goal of this document is to help our field, customers and partners understand what AMF can do.

chris_johnston
Explorer
0 Kudos

Understood - would it be possible to get some ideas of how AMF is used with customers today for example through the GL adapters?