Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to work with multiple MBOs

naimkhans_babi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

I have developed one application in that I multiple MBOs, I have use menu item control from this I want to call anothre MBO and pass 2 values to it.

I tried with relationship but it ended up with 500 Errors, I dont understand How can I achieve this. Please reply me

can any one tell me where I am making mistake.. I have attached screen shots for the configuration. please help me.

if possible please suggest me step by step instruction to correct this. I am new to SUP so its little bit difficult for me. I will appreciate your help greatly.

Thanking You

Regards

Naim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Naim,

can you put of snapshots and explain what are the relationships among MBOs?

give us a picture,,,like..which attributes from which MBO you want to call and what o/p you want to get from which MBO

Regards,

Jitendra

naimkhans_babi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jitendra and David

Thank you so much for your valueable responses!

There's no relationship... I had created but it didnt worked.. so gave up....!

basically what my scenario is

I have one webservice since my SAP system is not exposed to outside network, I had created ASP.net webservice and put it on IIS server with live ip, internaly ASP.net Webservice can communicate with SAP system over xml and Pass the data to my SUP Unwired server which is in AWS Cloud.

in this architecture I have two Methods

1. GetAll

2. UpdateAll

1. GetAll methods brings all the information about all the customers whose Gas meter user supposed to read for today therefore I have input parameter is to_day and I get the values back in Array from ASP.net in 10 different  columns.

GetAll is my first MBO.

2. UpdateAll  method updates the meter reading information for each customer on Update menue item ( Onlinetransaction ) Request . I am passing customer_id and curren_reading. I get the response back as success message.

for this work I have 3 screens

1, Which takes the date input from the mobile device and pass it my MBO and based on date I get all the results.

2. I get a list of customer.

3. I get a customer details with meter information ( I have only one field current read which is in non read only mode and supposed to receive the inputes from the meter reader person).

on SAVE menue item and as online request I want to pass customer_id and current_reading to UpdateAll MBO to update my database. ( I am failed here ).

Is it possible for you guys to help me on 3rd part like How can I receive the inputs from the user over editBox , customer_id from the first MBO ( GetAll) and pass this to my second MBO Update all using menue item. or button in the third screen,

Please tell me step by step explaination for this as I have used relationships, parameter mappings, personalisation_Key mapping, syncronization parameters, Operations... but I am no where successful. its just bad configuration that I am doing for both the MBO and as a result of this I am failed.  if possible please help me to show right way.

Sybase help is very generic its not like what we have in SAP.  like just explaination of properties  that some one should set this but why this properties are. Many things I know I have to set like this way but I dont know about them why I should set them. this my little knowledge is causing problem at this moment.

Please reply me your any help will Greatly appreciated.

Thanking you
Regards

Naeem

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Naim,

please do clear few things:

1.on first screen:

you are having DATE as input parameter.. is DATE parameter is same as PRE_READ_DATE??

when you enter DATE you want to display all the information about all the customers whose Gas meter user supposed to read for that particular date. correct?

if so, it can be done easily.

2. once you click on any customer in the list, it will show the detail like custID and meter reading(non-readable format) ..correct?

3. make sure there must be a match for few fields in both MBOs.

i mean, let say for customer A  custID is 001 then same custID should be present in 2nd MBO..then only you ll be able to enter meter reading.

i am trying my best to help you.

Regards,

Jitendra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

Naim

Not sure the pictures give me enough info to be able to help you. So instead I am going to recommend that you read the following documents.

Firstly the excellent self-training guide:

1. First on MBO's - This will help you with your relationship :

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01208.0213/doc/html/title...

Click on "View document as PDF", print it out and do the exercise.

2. Second develop the workflows

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01212.0213/doc/html/title...

3. And lastly have a read of the reference guides:

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01218.0213/doc/html/title...

regards David