Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase Afaria error when installing Certificate for MDM

raphael-l
Participant
0 Kudos

hey everyone,

I'm actual configurate the Sybase Afaria Server and get an Error when i try to install the APNS Push Certificate for Mobile Device Management.

I signed my certificate by sybase and also apple (the way it is described in the Installation file) but when i try to install the file in the Sybase Afaria Website (under Server > Configuration > iOS Notification ) i get the error:

Error validating certificate:The object reference has not been initiated on a object instance

(This is a translated error. The original German error is "Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt").

Can anyone help me with this error??

The Afaria Version is 7.0 SP1

Greetings

Raphael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raphael-l
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey,

i phoned with the guys from SAP sybase and they told me that the language is the problem.

So i changed the language in the control panel and now it works.

There is also a hotfix comming in the next few weeks then the problem should not be comming anymore.

Thank you very much for your help..

Regards

Raphael

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

the hotfix doesn't seem to be available yet. Where did you change the language? We are facing the same error message right now.

Best,

Sebastian

raphael-l
Participant
0 Kudos

hey sorry for the late answer,

you can change the language in the Start -> Control Panel -> Change Display Language of the Windows Server. But i think thats only possible with Server 2008R2 but not sure about that. Otherwise you have to reinstall the Server with the english Edition.

Regards,

Raphael

raphael-l
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey,

am i right that the Afaria SCEP Plug-In Module is a optional feature? This shouldn't be in conjunction to the certificate problem right?

The other Packages had all been installed (Self-Service Portal, Enrollment Server, Package Server, API Service, Server)

Regards

Raphael

0 Kudos

Hi Rapheal,

Yes SCEP is optional component on top of your CA server to protect it and issue certs only to known devices.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

Were you able to install below mention certs succefully?

• Apple Inc. Root Certificate (.cer file)
  • Apple Integration (AAICA) Certificate (.cer file)

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

raphael-l
Participant
0 Kudos

hey Abhishek,

yes i could install it over the mmc in the trusted root certificate folder like in the manual described.

Regards

Raphael

0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

Please check following things.

In MMC  --> local computer certificates --> Trusted Root Certification Authorities --> Certificates should have both certs.

Try importing your push cert under Personal --> Certificates from MMC. let's see what error you get here.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

raphael-l
Participant
0 Kudos

hey Abhishek,

done that. Did work with no error. But is this the same like installing the certificate over the web frontend?? Because installing the certificate over the web fronted (see first post) still the same error.

Regards,

Raphael

0 Kudos

Hi Rapheal,

Now, you can try to select this from Afaria UI. I think it should work.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

raphael-l
Participant
0 Kudos

hey,

mmhhh sadly not. Still the same error. Very frustrating at the moment because can't handle the error in any way.

Regards,

Raphael

0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

Try one thing. Without uploading cert (as you already deploed in MMC directly), please collect information of certificate from MMC and enter into Afaria UI i.e.

Current certificate, Current push service and try validating certificate.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

shival_tailor
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

Have you tried using installpushcert.exe utility? This utility is under <install_dir>\Afaria\bin\

Regards,

Shival

raphael-l
Participant
0 Kudos

hey,

thank you both for your tips.

@shival: i did that and it said import successfully but nothing else. And i don't think that solved the problem because when i try to enroll a device (Ipad over the SSP)  and the Device install the profiles, the Apple Certificate is still missing (which in my mind is neccessary for MDM).

@Abhishek: Can you please describe it a little bit more detailed what you mean by "...please collect information of certificate from MMC and enter into Afaria UI i.e".

Because under iOS Notification (in the UI under Server->Configuration->Component) there is no possibility to type in anything except from the password of the certificate. The other field will be filed automatically with the certificate name when you select the certificate with the browse button.

Regards

Raphael

shival_tailor
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

Try this as shown in the screenshots:

Regards,

Shival

raphael-l
Participant
0 Kudos

hey,

if i'm doing point 3 in your screenshot i get the error message (Error message in Englisch see first post)

Regards

Raphael

shival_tailor
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raphael,

Try regenerating the MDM certificate.

Did you use Sybase sigining service from Frontline or Enterprise Developer's access?

Regards,

Shival

raphael-l
Participant
0 Kudos

hey,

i've done it already three times.... and do it exactly the way the manual says.

For signing i'm using the http://frontline.sybase.com/support/applecert.asp

Regards,

Raphael

shival_tailor
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raphael,

Is your cert in .pfx format or .p12?

I assume you followed article 7779:

http://frontline.sybase.com/support/resolutionDetails.aspx?KBID=7779

Is that correct?

Regards,

Shival

raphael-l
Participant
0 Kudos

hey,

yes thats the article.

i tried it with pfx as well as p12 format. Both times the same error.

Regards,

Raphael

shival_tailor
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

Assuming that the certificate has been created per the instructions and KB article 7779, can you confirm if you are using a local Administrator user as well as if your UAC is turned off?

Regards,

Shival

shival_tailor
Participant
0 Kudos

BTW, here is the direct link for KB article 7779:

http://frontline.sybase.com/support/resolutionDetails.aspx?KBID=7779

raphael-l
Participant
0 Kudos

hey,

first of all thanks for your answer. Yes the UAC is turned off and i am using a local administrator (also the Afaria service is running under the local administrator).

Thanks also for the link of the KB article. I checked everything again and all imports are working except the "select "Install Certificate...” and browse to the file location of the Apple Push Notification Certificate (.p12 or .pfx file) you exported" in the web fronted of afaria. Still the same error.

And I think it is not enough if the certificate only shows up under Certificates > Personal > Certificates when you launch mmc (see also point alternate Instructions point 3 in the KB 7779).

Regards,

Raphael