cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling WebDynpro ABAP Application from Business Client Workplace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there a way to call WebDynpro ABAP applications from Business Client Workplace tasks? I found the transaction SWFVMD1 for configuring workflow tasks for calling Business Object Methods. Can we also call usual ABAP OO Class Methods which encapsulate WDY ABAP Application calls? I would appreciate if someone can deliver a detailed description of configuration steps?Is also Role Maintenance necessary?

Best Regards

Sukru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Phani,

I succeeded to do the configuration, I have a question regarding the user decision step that I used in my workflow. From SPWP inbox, the Dynpro UI of User decision step is automatically triggered, how can ve program a user decision step to be displayed from Business Client Inbox?Do we have to program a WDY Abap component for that or is there already a generic component?Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can  call webdynpro applications from the Workflows.

First goto SWFVMD1 and then add a task of OBN type and then clcik on the parameters button and enter the following details Object_Type, Operation and Wi_ID and save it .

Then goto Tcode PFCG ( Z role need to be created) and then goto Menu and in that there will be button TRANSACTION open it and from the list select the Webdynpro Application and the  enter the details:

Type                 Web Dynpro Application

Object               ZXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Text                  TEST Request

and click on Additional Activities and enter the below details:

Other Node Details:

Visibility  : invisible

Launch Application : Standard

Object Based Navigation:

Object types: Auswahl (DECISION)

Method: Process

and add a parameter WI_ID  extended, these will be availbale based on the task so no need to worry.

And then save the role and then assign this role to any user you want to use this task and when ever the used clicks on the configured task the webdynpro will be called.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation. I have some further questions :

1 ) I programmed my Workflow Class as a usual ABAP OO class and it is not a BOR Object,

can I also call usual ABAP OO Classes in OBN?Because in the method of ABAP OO

Class I am calling the web dynpro application?

2 ) My Web Dynpro Applications have additional parameters, must I also add them in transaction SWFVMD1 and PFCG?

Thanks.

Sukru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additionally, I could not add Web Dynpro applications using the button Transaction in PFCG, but there is another button with label 'OTHER' which I used for adding WDY Applications. For WDY applications, I can not find the Additional Attributes button where I can set visibility etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What EHP are you on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Basis SP07

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Phani,

I succeeded to do the configuration, I have a question regarding the user decision step that I used in my workflow. From SPWP inbox, the Dynpro UI of User decision step is automatically triggered, how can ve program a user decision step to be displayed from Business Client Inbox?Do we have to program a WDY Abap component for that or is there already a generic component?Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the tcode LPD_CUST for doing the config you are asking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani

Thanks, I already did the configuration. Is there a WebDynpro ABAP based User Decision Step that can be integrated into Workflow?The Dynpro based User Decision seems to be not callable from Business Client Inbox as expected. Thanks

Kind Regards

Sukru