Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Punch out catalog in SRM-MDM Catalog

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP experts,

We are using SRM 7.01 with ECC 6.05 and deploying classic scenario. We are thinking of using SRM-MDM Catalog. I want to confirm about punch out catalog. Is this kind of catalog still supported in SRM-MDM catalog? The reason I ask because when I read SRM270 training material, there is no mention at all about punch out catalog.

And about punch out catalog itself. As I understand this kind of catalog is maintained by vendor in their page, and we can go to this catalog, select the data and the data will be pulled using OCI to our Shopping Cart. My question is, as this is maintained by vendor, I assume that we cannot use material master in this kind of catalog, because when maintain their catalog the vendor will not be able to tell what material number do we have, and as the result, if we use this kind of catalog it is only possible if we use text-based purchasing. Is this correct?

And one more thing, can we call punch out catalog from within ECC?

I'm sorry to ask a lot of things about this MDM catalog, as I'm new in this. In fact, can any of you tell me the URL in SAP website where I can download the config guide for MDM catalog. I lost myself in the website and I cannot find where I can download the appropriate URL.

Many thanks for the help.

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

We are about to investigate punch out functionality from SRM MDM Catalog and/or ECC backend.

Did you find any information about this?

All info you might have will be greatly appreciated.

KR,

Thomas

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Fortunately in my case, the client decided not to use punch-out catalog, so I havent continued my research on this topic.

Best regards,

John