cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

namespace prefix from ECC not the same as in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question regarding namespace prefix in a message.

My interface is from ECC over proxy to PI over http to 3rd party system.

I created Service Interface in PI and did some tests with 3rd party system.

The testdata that PI creates has namespace prefix ns0, as it is also in the xsd i gave to 3rd party system.

But now in ECC they have created Proxy implementation and send a testmessage, the namespace prefix is not ns0, instead it is n0.

Now for PI this is no problem cause it doesn't really check the message, but the 'wrong' namespace prefix causes errors in the 3rd party system.

Question: why and how and where does ECC create or use the namespace n0 instead of ns0?

Regards

Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An XML document is semantically identical no matter what name you choose for the prefix.

When the issues in third party system is caused by the prefix name, then fix it in the third party system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

It's a fairly pragmatic answer you gave me.

Possibly this is the way it will be done eventually, but the 3rd party systems says i gave them an xsd with prefix ns0 in it, so they defined their program around that and now they get prefix n0 instead. I cannot blame them for that reaction

And my question is still not answered i'm afraid.

Where does ECC get the prefix (n0) from, especially as the proxy is programmed around the SI that was first created on PI.(and where the prefix is ns0)

Regards

Robert

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not know the answer to your question, as I do not know the developers, But i can tell you that you cannot rely on a specific namespace prefix.

"but the 3rd party systems says i gave them an xsd with prefix ns0 in it, so they defined their program around"

I am sorry to say, that this is absolute stupid. People should really learn how XML is defined and how namespaces are handled. 

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/#NT-Prefix

I had so many troubles in projects, when people simply ignore the basic of protocols, like XML or SOAP.

Of cours you could use the XMLAnonymizerBean to set a specific namespace prefix.