cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller Configuration is not working for Standard WD Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is i need to change the Labels and Hide some of the UI Elements of standard webdynpro component.

For the same, I have created a controller configuration in which i changed the label texts and also set the VISIBILITY property of UI element to invisible.

Unfortunately, i am not able to see any changes at run-time, is something more required to activate the changes?

Please help me on this.

Regards,

Bhupinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It sounds like you are mixing component configuration with application configuration. You can create many component configurations and they will not take effect until you create an application configuration for this WDA application linking the custom component configuration you created.

How do you start the WDA application? There should be a URL parameter for the application configuration. So, the URL will look something like:

http://www.company.com/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/<application_name>?sap-language=EN&sap-wd-configId=<application_configuration_name>

Again, please note the difference between component configuration and application configuration.

Dhivya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the visibility of corresponding field in Layout also. If it is not set invisible, set as invisible and also u can make the field invisible by using data binding.

Thanks,

Dhivya

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhupinder,

Did you create the WD Application configuration for the same as well?

BR,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Suhas Saha - Yes, i have create the Web Dynpro ABAP Component Configuration only and done the changes like Label Text changes and Hide so UI element in the configuration.

But changes are not reflecting when i am executing the application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupinder,

Did you remember to change the name of the component configuration in your application configuration?

There shouldn't be any more steps.

Br Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you have any luck solving this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

No success as of now.

Did you remember to change the name of the component configuration in your application configuration?

Component configuration was already created earlier to hide some of the fields and it was working fine. Now i simply changed some of the labels of some fields but that is not reflecting on UI.

Do i need to do something more?

Please help me out.

Thanks,

Bhupinder

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhupinder,

Component configuration was already created earlier to hide some of the fields and it was working fine. Now i simply changed some of the labels of some fields but that is not reflecting on UI.

Did you make these changes in the existing component configuration? If yes, did you "Test" the application configuration, does it reflect your latest changes?

BR,

Suhas