SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPY1: Using VTREF as the parallel processing object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

We activated the FQEVENTS 9000 function module to generate the intervals based on contract objects rather than business partner (GPART) as we have around 220k contract objects as against a few million business partners.   This all works fine and we have the proper segments being generated and as we activated VTREF as a valid parallel processing object we can also see it being used in FPY1, but we have an issue.

When it processes the payments it seems to process each payment (mentioning GPART and VKONT) in every interval rather than only in the interval where the contract object for that GPART/VKONT should be.

I suspect the reason for this is because DFKKDDA-VTREF is empty, but I can't see what we should change on the notifications for it to also include the contract object on the notification.

Is there some proper documentation anywhere to describe using VTREF as a parallel processing object as it seems we're missing extra areas which we should also implement which we do not know about, for example during testing yesterday we also generated multiple payment for the same customer which looks like we also need to implement FQEVENTS 0600 to group by GPART.

Any pointers to use VTREF properly would be extremely welcome,

Thanks

Thys

3 REPLIES 3

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thys:

Why do you need to use VTREF?  In the end, the same amount of data needs to be evaluated.  If you have many BPs for which no items exist, then they will be bypassed very quickly.  I have never used VTREF for parallel processing with FPY1 so i cannot comment on why it is not working as you expect, but i dont see how that is the solution either.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Our current jobs will generate 10 child jobs due to the load distribution requested and the parallel processing also has 10 intervals, but the issue is that our contract object customers are not spread evenly through our customer base, so we find that one (sometimes two) of these jobs run for a long time where the other 8 finish almost immediately.  My proposal was to manually set the interval groupings for the BPs so they are sort of evenly spread, so we don't get this concentrated run scenario, but our design authority wasn't too keen on manual intervention.

So it looked very attractive to use VTREF as the interval manager as it's a smaller selection, plus the intervals would automatically spread according to our contract object customers.

Regards

Thys

0 Kudos

Hi Thys,

When you are executing FPY1, event 1740 gets triggerred.

As per the standard FM in this event, it process the data only for a given interval of contract accounts or business partners.

So, you are not able to get the contarct object in the interval.

I think you need to enhance this event so that contarct object is selected in the interval for a givent set of contract account or BP.

However, I dont think event 600 will help as because it is used as a criteria for grouping items to narrow down the number of payable units.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan