cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of quantity change in SO with billing plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus and Expert,

I have the SO which have the billing plan running for the past 3 months, however this month there is some changes on the quantity for the line item in the SO.

Would like to check with you whether the changes of quantity in the SO will have any impact on the billing plan?

Do I need to cancel off the exisitng SO and create a new SO to replace it?

Thank you

Regards

Leonard Tan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Definitely it will impact the Price.

Please check the Billing Plan tab where Net Value and Billing Value is showing.

So when you change the Qty it will increase the Net Value & accordingly your Billing Plan will also be impacted.

Now the question is are you maintaining the Billing plan as % wise or Value wise.

So check with your Billing data if it is ok then change the Qty or else you can add a new item of increased Qty & accordingly maintain the Billing plan.

Thanks,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suman,

How to check whether the billing plan is maintained as % or value wise.

If it is in % what needs to be done, create a new SO or just change the qty in the SO, the billing amount will change accordingly?

Thank you

Regards

Leoanrd Tan

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Leoanrd Tan,

Can you paste the screen dump of the Sales doc Billing Plan tab.

One thing that is it maintained in Header level or Item level?

Accordingly you paste the screen.

You can see the % or Value from the below screen mentioned;

Thanks,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suman,

Think it is maintained through Value. You may refer to the print screen.

On the other hand, if there is a changes of quantity, will it impact the existing billing? Any changes need to be done for the billing plan? or if quantity is changed, the value in the billing plan will change accordingly?

Thank you

Regards

Leonard Tan

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the below explanation;

On the other hand, if there is a changes of quantity, will it impact the existing billing? Any changes need to be done for the billing plan? or if quantity is changed, the value in the billing plan will change accordingly?

1. If there is a changes of quantity, will it impact the existing billing?

Ans ) In the existing bill no changes.But it will impact the Net Value.

2. Any changes need to be done for the billing plan?

Ans ) As you are maintaining the Billing plan as Value basis so add the new Billing plan value.As per your screen shot I have seen one billing plan stat as "A" means not billed yet you can edit this billing plan item.

3. if quantity is changed, the value in the billing plan will change accordingly?

Ans ) As I told it will not impact the already billed which can be found in the Billing plan tab BillStat as C means Billing has been done A means not yet billed.

So accordingly you test your scenario and do the billing accordingly.

If you have any clarification do let me know.

Thanks,

Suman

Answers (0)