cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log of Incomplete Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Kindly enable me to make a field "Sales Office"  mandatory while carry out Inquiry Document (Va11).

At create inquiry initial screen(va11) , me been trying to put across a incomplete check for "Sales Office" field before execution of  create inquiry : Overview

Screen...I went to SPRO/Sales & Distribution/ Basic Function/ Log of Incomplete Item/ Define Incompleteness procedure/Sales Header/ selected procedure assigned for Inquiry/ selected "Fields" option and entered Table - VBAK , Fld name - VKBUR, Screen - KKAU and saved it.

Besides, I went to Assign Incomplete Procedure and assigned procedure being created for inquiry along with Inquiry Document Type.

Eventually, after carry out (Va11), at Inquiry initial screen, when i am leaving the field "Sales Office"  blank and press enter button , that time system does not checking the incomplete field( Sales Office), however revealing a create inquiry : Overview screen.

Looking forward for kind advice.

Regards,

Rupesh Soni.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

The Incomplete Log only executes at the time of Sales document saving.

For your case it is a initial Screen so you go for Screen Variants in SHD0.

This can be easily done plz contact your ABAPer.

Thanks,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx so much Mr Suman...This is working..

Regards,

Rupesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not achive this through incopletion log. As you want to do mandatory in initial Screen itself then you have to with Screen Variant SHD0 and it makes sale office mandatory for irrespective of orrder type.

May bellow thread will help you http://scn.sap.com/thread/990529 How to make Sales Office field mandatory in VA01 initial screen?

Thnx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rupesh

There are two ways  to do this:

1. You can do this via Screen Variant SHD0 and with the help of your ABAPER you can do this easily with the help of Standard Variant, you man make Sales office field mandatory just like Order Type.
  2. Secondly you can do by screen change programming i.e. changing the standard Program but this is highly not recommended so you go with the first solution.

Thanking you!

Ashish