cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.3 (Single Stack - Java) XML Messages Archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Does anyone know the process to retrieve archived XML messages in SAP PI 7.3?

We are planning to set up message archiving using XML DAS and I was wondering what would be the process to retrieve them. The messages will be archived in a 3rd party storage system and we are not considering offline archiving.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ricardo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I had set up the XMLDAS archiving in 7.11 in the local PI file system and retrive those messages using RWB-->Message Monitoring-->Archive  option.  I guess this should be same in 7.3 also.

I just heard back from SAP that in 7.3, fthe XMLDAS message retrival is much faster than 7.11 and we are palnning to upgrade to 7.31 soon.

Please share your experince about the archival set up and also the retrving those messages from archive store.

FYI:

XMLDAS configuration in 7.11

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2011/11/16/aae-archiving-in-sap-pi-711-with-...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have managed to archive my messages (object XI_AF_MSG) and now I see them in a directory I specified on the Application Server.

Could you please tell me how to delete them from that directory? I executed the delete job but they are still there.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I have configured XMLDAS archiving in PI 7.4 single stack using the same link which you provided.

But archive job is not archiving any messages and it is not giving any error.

Can you please help me with this at the earliest.

Thanks ,

Roohi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roohi,

just create a new Archive job and run it. it should archive the messages. the default archive job wont archive all the messages. it only archives messages which are edited in the message editor. setting a new job in parallel to the default archive job will suffise.

Regards,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

For deleting the messages from the archive we have a new job in place from SAP which would be deployed from SP13. the job type is "archive delete" which would be released this June. Until then I was just deleting the collections created by the archive job in Hierarchy from java archiving cockpit. This has made free space on the archive location.

Regards,

Bala.

SudheerJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

Thanks a lot, your message solved my issue.

Stéphane
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

Could you please tell me how you can delete archived files on the file system from the "Archive Hierarchy & Store assignement" register in archiving cockpit.

I can browse throw the hierarchy an select the generated ordner but I don't have a button to delete them. How do you do that ?

Do I need specific right to delete a ordner on the file system from the archiving cockpit ?

I have a 7.4 AEX installation.

Regards

Stéphane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephane,

Don't you see a button delete collection over the top. please check that or if you feel that it is due to lacking authorizations just ask for SAP_ARCH_SUPERADMIN role. Hope this will do the needful. If you still face issue just ring me on +919959959359

Regards,

Bala.

Stéphane
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

Thank you for your reply and sorry for my late reply. It is now working . I was in the "XML DAS Administration: Archive Hierarchy & Store Assignment" and not in "Java Archiving Cockpit: Hierarchy".

Regards

Stéphane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

when trying to delete the Archive collections I am facing issue now when the collection has more number of messages(>10000). The deletion throwing some errors. please do let me know if anyone of you facing the same issue.

I have already contacted SAP on the same and they are working on it, will keep you posted...

stay tuned........

Regards,

Bala.

Answers (0)