cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of account assignment from WBS to NWA for PR and PO

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one query,Previously we were creating PRs & POs through ME51N using WBS element.Now we are

going to add activity and create PRs through CJ20n and we want to assign already made

PRs & POs to the newly created activity.

Please let me know is it possible or not.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a  work around, If you really wanted the PR & PO's to be created against an activity, but again it will be manual creation from ME21/22 N not from CJ20N.

1. Close the line item of PR and PO which has account assignment category P and create new line items with the open quantity against the activity with account assignment category N.

2.  If the PR & PO are made for project stock i.e., account assignment category is Q , then there is no way that you can assign those to activity. It will still remain as account assigned to WBS Element only.

3. All previous GRN / SES, will remain at WBS Element only.

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As experts have already mentioned it wont be possible the way you are expecting. However, I would like to clarify few things here;

1.     When you create PR/PO using WBS, you are indicating the Cost bucket to which it belongs in the form of WBS which is hierarchy wise at higher level compared to the Activities. It is the standard account assignement functionality given by SAP.

2.     When you create PR from CJ20N at activity level, you are specifically quoting the cost should be assigned to aparticular activity which again scales upto the cost bucket WBS. The analysis of cost seggregation shall be at a granular level(activity) in this case. This is again a handy functionality given by SAP to garner the costs even at activity level.

3.     I would like to add one more point here, when you create PR from ME51N, its procurement oriented cost capturing and when you create PR from CJ20N its Project oriented cost capturing.

Regards,

MRD 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Nope it is not possible.

Regards,

Sudhakar

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply.

Please tell me the reason why it is not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me explain you the ways of creation of PRs.

1. PR Creation using NWA:

1.1 - when components added to network activity system creates PR, This can be reviewed/edited as needed in ME52N and ME53N.

2. PR Creation using MD11.

Here we are creating Planned Order in MD11 and then converting to PR.

3. Using ME51N.

Using above transaction also we can create PR.

4. MRP execution:

When you excute MRP system creates PRs also.

Not going into more details, to create a PO, input is PR. When PR converted to PO you can see PR number in PO line items as well PO number in PR line item. You can check in ME52N.

Basically, it describes that you can not replace  PR number in existing POs which were already created by referencing PR.

Besides system functionalty, we need to think logically when action has been already taken or in motion we can not retrieve back to its original position.

Can you tell me what is idea behind to see PR to replace in exisiting POs. If you are looking for cost flow point, I guess you must already assigned Account Assignment Q and WBS element in manually created PRs using ME51N

Hope this makes sense.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know this is not possible.

However you can try a workaround on reference PO.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as Mahendra said this is not possible

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assignment of pre existing PR , PO's within Project builder is not possible.

The only possiblity or workaround for assining any MM related data is "Contract" which we assign under sevice PR in the field "Outl. Agreement" . The contract is created through ME31K> PR>RO(Release order).

However, the way you want is not possible.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is not possible.

Regards,

Mahendra