Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Recreate the SAP* User

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some how I deleted my SAP* user. How can I recreate it. If I try to create in SU01 I am unable to assign the SUPER role to it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After deleting the SAP* user you can logon to the system with user SAP* and PASS is the password.

Try it will work.

kiran kumar.v

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After deleting the SAP* user you can logon to the system with user SAP* and PASS is the password.

Try it will work.

kiran kumar.v

0 Kudos

The automatically recreation depends on your sytem parameters, clever system setup is to NOT have the SAP* recreate itself as this is one of the biggest possibilities to open your system for hackers!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you cannot assign the super role (SAP_ALL you mean?) then look at your own access as your roles id missing something.

Anyway why should you want to receate SAP* normally you lock in an take the roles away in your systems.

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

See <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/68048">SAP Note 68048</a>: you can configure whether it should be possible to activate the emergency user ("automatic user" SAP*) or not.

Also take a look on <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2383">SAP Note 2383</a> for recommendations regarding "super users".

<u>Notice</u>:

if you are using an ABAP system with release 6.x you'll have to restart the application server <u>after</u> deleting the USR02 entry (using an external SQL tool); reason: table buffering is active.

Regards, Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I deleted SAP*, but the logon window just disappeared when I use SAP* and PASS to logon..what should I do?

thanks,

Anni

0 Kudos

If you want to login with SAP*:PASS in a given client, you need to delete SAP* from that client (I assume you already did that) and set the profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0.

After restarting the system, the profile parameter will take that value and you will be able to login with SAP*:PASS in the client where it was deleted.