cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Values Prompt are not displayed when we use Webi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are trying to build a report Webi document which is built on OLAP connection with BEx query, we have BO 4.0 SP4 and BW 7.3. This is connected to BW system. In the Edition mode, we can't see the prompt values for each variable or filter. So, we can´t see data in the report.

Do we have to configure any settings for this?

Can you please throw some light on this issue?

Thanks,

Leonel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matthew_Shaw
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Leonel,

That dialogue looks like the database delegated list of values search. I think you need to type a search string into it and then you can see the list?  For example a*

Did you try that?

Regards

Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mattew,

I've tried multiple options: giving enter, write only *, writing *, pressing the button shown in the picture. The strange thing is that in the view mode I can see the values ​​of the dimensions.

Regards,

Leonel

Matthew_Shaw
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leonel,

Certainly strange. Don't suppose you could rebuild that prompt/condition could you and try again?

I know they did a lot of development around list of values and prompts in FP3, so if this doc was created, say in SP2, then that might explain this strange behavior.

Regards

Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

I tried creating a new Webi on a new OLAP connection and the same thing happens ... I think I should post a note to SAP

Regards,

Leonel

Matthew_Shaw
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes I think that might be best. Report back, though, and let us know what the problem was!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

I could solve the problem. The solution was as follows:

Login to BI Launch Pad.
Go to "Preferences".
Select the "Web Intelligence"
In the "Edit", select the "Web"
Press the "Save and Close"
That is all ....

Thank you!!

Answers (0)