cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver Compositon Environment 7.3 Trial version Licensing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everytime I try to add a license according to the Installation and How-To Guide, I get this error message"

License not installed due to:

License file CES.txt contains an incorrect SAP license key: length of the SID is not 3.

License key(s) is not completely installed.

Not sure, maybe I don't have to add the license for the 90 day trial? But it's in the guide.

I've tried this install 3 times, followed the instructions word for word, the system does seem to be running. Any ideas? I was pushed here from: http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver/blog/2012/07/12/netweaver-compositon-environment-73-trial-ver...

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Followed the instructions in this document: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a07b939e-9e9d-2f10-b6bb-c95e132fc...

Which calls for submitting a request for a license on this site (SAP Sneak Preview License Key Request):

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/spn/minisap/minisap.htm

On that page, I select "CES - SAP NetWeaver 7.3 Comp. Environment (Sybase ASE / Linux)" from the dropdown menu.

Feels like I've very close, it just seems the license file is just not formatted correctly for it to work.

Thanks!

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Did you enter the right hardware key?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Absolutely. I've done it several times. It is running under ESX. It's weird, as it seems to add '3D' before everything, including the hardware key.

----- Begin SAP License -----

SAPSYSTEM=3DCES

HARDWARE-KEY=3DD1942580786

INSTNO=3DDEMOSYSTEM

BEGIN=3D20120830

EXPIRATION=3D20121129

LKEY=3DMIIBOgYJKoZIhvcNAQcCoIIBKzCCAScCAQExCzAJBgUrDgMCGgUAMAsGCSqGSIb3DQEH=

ATGCAQYwggECAgEBMFgwUjELMAkGA1UEBhMCREUxHDAaBgNVBAoTE215U0FQLmNvbSBXb3JrcGx=

hY2UxJTAjBgNVBAMTHG15U0FQLmNvbSBXb3JrcGxhY2UgQ0EgKGRzYSkCAgGhMAkGBSsOAwIaBQ=

CgXTAYBgkqhkiG9w0BCQMxCwYJKoZIhvcNAQcBMBwGCSqGSIb3DQEJBTEPFw0xMjA4MzEyMDA4N=

DhaMCMGCSqGSIb3DQEJBDEWBBSxnhusLhQZpf8sabfZeA8fGkMnYzAJBgcqhkjOOAQDBC4wLAIU=

YkH3Llx5mzPMBVs8/bsnaBdl7C4CFHAiokTO91silq/FYwlXm4D6Bgxe

SWPRODUCTNAME=3DJ2EE-Engine_SYB

SWPRODUCTLIMIT=3D2147483647

SYSTEM-NR=3D000000000311808373

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I forwarded this to some colleague, I have no clue how this could happen...

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

we checked this again exactly on your downloaded file and it is correct on our side. This must have happened during download or after it. However, it looks like the 3D is all that was added. Maybe it works if you just delete all "3D" things  after the equal signs.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can confirm this problem has been resolved. I generated a new license file this morning. The license file (CES.txt) now works with the VM and there are no extraneous '3D's in the license file at all.

Given the fact that I tried this at least 5-10 times over the past few months, I'm guessing something has changed in the backend to make this work. Many thanks for your efforts, I am sure others will be appreciative as well.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

where did you get the license file from?

Regards,

Benny