cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heterogeneous System Copy AIX- Linux (big endian -> little endian)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm planing to perform a heterogeneous system copy (with R3load) from AIX (big endian) to linux platform (little endian). After the HSC I need to copy a lot of files create by SAP ECC in AIX server to the linux server. For my understanding R3load is able to convert automatically  files from big endian to little endian during the HSC. I would know if I need to perform specific tasks in order to be sure that the files  created by SAP ECC in the AIX server can be moved and used correctly in linux server. Could any body help me to resolve this doubt?

thank you

g.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Export from SAPinst is all that you need.  You should ftp the files in binary mode from your source to destination.

We actually had a shared file system across AIX and Linux so there was no need to copy .

Regards

Amit Padmawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

thank you for your answer. Just to summarize you are saying that the files created in AIX system (big endian) can be moved in linux system (little endian) by using a ftp client and using binary mode. Is this correct? are further activities needed in order to be sure that files created in AIX can be correctly used in Linux? Thank you in advance for collaboration.

Regards

g.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What files form AIX you want to use in Linux?

Regards

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

The files created by batch jobs in AIX systems before the export must be copied in linux system after the system copy. These files are picked up from linux system by a  legacy system and other SAP Systems. I would know if these files will be readable after the copy in linux system from the legacy and SAP systems.

thanks

gio'

Former Member
0 Kudos

To answer on your question please provide details about:

1) what file format used?

2) overall picture of using these files (what system(s) generate these files and what system(s) consume it)

3) what platforms these system running on?

Regards
Roman

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

premsukh_bishnoi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

R3load have taken care of the all conversion of file from BIG to Little Endian. In your case if datasize is big then i would suggest to you use tar file option and then incar on linux so data will be not corrupted during the files move from AIX to linux. Also you can use scp utility.

Regards, Premsukh