cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ON SYBASE stack with sql error 30012

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I have installed SAP ERP and BI system with ASE 15.7. Randomly those instances seems to loose connection with the database with the sql error 30012.

Where I can find any log that explains what is happening?

When It happens I ahve to stop SAP and reboot completely the server. The windows service of sybase cannot be stopped and remain in "stopping" state.

Someone of you faced the same and knows how to solve it?

My customer soon will go live and It cannot be released with this malfunction.

Regards and thanks to all

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kir,

Did you get any client messages  below?

"[ASE Error SQL30012:08001]Client unable to establish a

connection[ASE Error SQL30012:08001]Client unable to establish a connection"

OR

"... (30012) [08001] [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Client unable to establish a connection"

Did you resolve the SQL error 30012 issue? If so, can you share the resolution?

Hi Tilman,

CR#711008 isn't Windows platform specific. One of the three known Cases affected had ASE running on Solaris - I was working at this customer site at the time.  SQL error 30012 is generic for any situation when a client fails to connect to the ASE server.  The root-causes could vary from scenario to scenario.  My customer's root-cause was not configuring a socket pool for the ASE listener with sufficient sockets and the 3rd party client was firing up new connection requests at very high rate thus exhausting the socket pool.  The ASE server wasn't exhibiting high CPU & Engine utilisation symptoms (for least one of the ASE RTC threads), which would be expected if CR#711008 was the culprit.

Kind regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

I suspect it is  Sybase CR 711008

Network Controller loops infinitely in trying to lock a spinlock. 

It happens on Windows only and is a rare timing issue. 

Symptoms are that

- high CPU (ASE typically consumes one CPU core at 100%)

- login not possible

- shutdown of ASE possible only via killing the sqlsrvr.exe process.

It is fixed in 15.7.0 ESD#2 and a patch version on top of 15.7.0  ESD#1 Refresh 2

(note that ESD#2 has not yet been certified  for SAP Buisness Suite)

I suggest you open a ticket

regards

Tilman