cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Master delivery plant issue...

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I got an issue reg. the customer master(1000) delivery plant. The scenario is the material which need to ship to customer(1000) is in 3 plants Ex. ZZZ1,ZZZ2,ZZZ3. But the user only want to trigger plant ZZZ1 while raising a sales order to customer 1000. My views on this is by updating the delivery plant field in customer master shipping tab could resolver the problem. Even though I want to make sure my approach is right. And if this is the solution do we need to update the delivery plant field at ship to party level or sold to party? plz Reply asap. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. bharat,

As mentioned by all the gurus if u need that system only pick the plant zzz1 in sales order u need to maintain in customer master and material master and then assign ur  shipping point with shipping condition loading group and  plant in basic shipping functions. reply if u feel this answer is correct

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The best solution for your problem is to maintain cust master info record because the search strategy for plant is cust material info record , customer master data, material master data,

the system first searches for plant in cust mat info records then in cust mast & last in mat master , so you should maintain cust mat info record for that material,

please vote if your problem is resolved !

Thanks

chirag

0 Kudos

Thanks all for your valuable solutions...business still thinking of as here all are customized....I will get back to you once its solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat ,

Delivering Plant is fetched from the Ship to Party, if it is different from the Sold to Party. As T W and Venkata mentioned, system gives the first priority to the CMIR.

I would prefer to maintain the default plant in the Customer Master as the volume of the data to mentioned will be less. If your business really uses CMIR functionality, then maintain in it.

With Regards

Vinu.N

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinu,

..... as the volume of the data to mentioned will be less.

Data maintenance point is a good one! Thanks for mentioning it.

Bharat,

Ultimately having the delivering plant in CMR or CMIR depends the business (process).

E.g. If for Customer (Ship To party), for majority of the materials, the delivering plant is ZZZ2 and

Only for this Customer (Ship To party), for one specific materials, the delivering plant is ZZZ1 then

You could go for -

1. Setting up ZZZ2 in Customer master record (Ship To party)

2. Setting up ZZZ1 in CMIR

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.