cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Carts not available for Confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have some users who are part of a Purchasing Team. Whenever a PO is created out of a Team Cart, the Requester (Goods Recipient) is the only one who can create a PO out of the Team Cart. Team members can still display the same Shopping Cart from POWL (query->"Team Carts") but the "Confirm" button is not enabled!

Have you ever faced this issue? I have checked SAP notes and it seems that they are correctly implemented in our system.

More hints:

- Team Members and Requester have exactly the same roles;

- Team Members are still valid (their substitution validity period has not expired yet)

- Team Carts are actually defined as Team Carts (flag correctly set)

-  Even the substitute who has taken over the S.C. cannot see it for Confirmations.

-  I am using SAP SRM 7 on ECC 6 EHP 4 as One Client addon.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Giovanni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Giovanni,

Which version of SRM are you guys on?

Please check note Note 1263364 - Issues related to team cart in POWL it is for SRM 700

Note 1578476 - Create Confirmation not enabled for Shopping Carts in POWL for SRM 701.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

though the provided notes seem to describe the problem we are facing, they cannot be installed.

We are on SAP SRM 7 on ECC 6 EHP 4 as One Client add-on.

Going into more details, we are running on SRM_SERVER 701 Support Package SAPK-70105INSRMSRV so corrections are already in place.

Since we are facing this problem I cannot verify that but, as per my understanding, Team Carts should allow anyone in the same team to confirm the Shopping Cart. The Take Over action, available only when the S.C. is in SAVED status, should just serve to change the requester and adapt the approval workflow to the person who has taken the S.C. itself in charge. Is that correct? Is just the person who took in charge the S.C. who can create Confirmations? In my case, only the creator gets the Confirm button enabled.

Please, let me know.

Thank you very much for your time!

Regards,

Giovanni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Giovanni,

Your understanding of team carts is absolutely correct. Team Carts allow multiple folks in same department to view the cart and take over whenever cart is in save mode.

Regarding your query about confirmation, Yeah people who is assigned as substitute they can do Confirmation of the team cart. Please refer SAP help link for detail. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/en/8e/1753cca4a6450784f3e2d1ecf6b09a/content.htm

I have put abstract about confirmation below. Also please check the code inside note # 1578476 which is referring to Function group BBP_PDH_LISTSEL and Function _FOR_DESKTOP

I agree that you are already on the support pack but no harm in just checking code if commented out or not as explain in Note.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh

Features

Working with Team Shopping Carts
  • When creating or changing a shopping cart, you can mark the shopping cart as a team shopping cart. By doing this, you allow purchasing substitutes to take over and process the shopping cart, if necessary.
  • As a purchasing substitute, you can perform the same activities as the original requester, once you have taken over the team shopping cart. For example, you can edit the team shopping cart, create related confirmations or goods receipts, and delete the team shopping cart.
  • You can display information about who has taken over and processed a team shopping cart in the General Data area of the shopping cart under Document Changes: Display.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

any ideas? Points rewarded...

Thank you,

Giovanni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the below link.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/Team+purchasing

Regards,

Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

actually I have been through that link and it states that substitutes should be able to create confirmations out of Team Carts.

My substitutes cannot. Hope you have some ideas...

Thank you.

Giovanni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check team cart flag has been set up in shopping cart.

And also the procurement substitute has been assigned in requester user settings with valid period.

Because validity period could be one of the issue.

Regards,

Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

as I have stated in my first post, these are all things I have checked already (flag in S.C., substitute assigned in requester's user settings, valid period).

Any clues?

Thank you,

Giovanni