Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modeled deadlines in srm 7

former_member305388
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are using process controlled workflow in srm 7 with modeled deadlines for sending the workitem to the approvers manager  after the deadline is missed by the approver.

In Latest end step the work item is set as Obsolete and for the approval task the approver is replaced by manager id.

The functionality works fine as it is but the change history is lost when the approver is replaced. In the document approval preview only the latest approver is shown against the approval step. Is it possible to capture this in the approval preview so that the user is able to view the change of approver?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"The functionality works fine as it is but the change history is lost when the approver is replaced. In the document approval preview only the latest approver is shown against the approval step."

If the original Approver didn't approve anything then why should they be part of the change history?

In any case, you should avoid using Z tables. I would query the SAP-standard workflow tables (e.g. SWW_CONT, possibly) to get the name of the original approver if you really want it. But I would check first that it is actually required - some workitems can have 50 Approvers but only one Actual Agent.

regards

Rick Bakker / hanabi technology

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rich, Srinivas,

I also have similar requirement to send escalation work item to the approver.

My workflow is 1 step workflow; if approver does not approve within timeline , i need to send the same workitem to approver's manager.

I have posted another thread for this, i would appreciate if you can answer this.

http://scn.sap.com/message/13792606#13792606

Can you advise how did you achieve sending work item to manager of the approver as well as original approver?

Regards,

Ashish

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

That has to be the most common workflow scenario there is!

I would put the Approve step in a loop and its agents in a container element. When the deadline expires, add the supervisor to the container element and re-create the step.

Please open a new thread for new questions.

regards

Rick

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

I have opened another thread already.

http://scn.sap.com/message/13792606#13792606

can you please respond there.

P.S. : I am using SRM 7.02 process controlled workflow.

Regards,

Ashish Shah

suresh_subramanian2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas !

You can maintain a programming logic to update a field of a table with the approver details.This you've to do once the approver is determined. 

In the processing obsolete branch, maintain the programming logic to update another field of same table with manager details provided it is escalated.

If approver takes decision before deadline, the field for manager would be blank. Otherwise, it would have manager id to denote that the work item is escalated to manager.

Regards,

S.Suresh.