cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM 2.1 Unable to load data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need your help. I have not been able to load data into spm UI. I have already done the following:

-Configured the global settings

-I have maintained the data sources on opm_sources

-I don't believe I connectivity problems as I am able to see my data sources and flat files under the "data received" tab on the Data Upload Work Bench.

But when I hit Start Now it sends me to the data validation tab but nothing happens no files get transferred. Also as a note under "Manage Data Upload" I previously was able to see a upload option which I activated but now that has disappeared.

Your help would be appreciated. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diaz Figueroa,

Sorry if i'm calling you with wrong name....

Once you click start now then it'll take you to the Manage Data Upload. Check if the background job got created in source system and BI system.

Thank you

Best regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amarnath,

Thank you for responding. After checking opmdm_upload I can see that the job got created but the upload status appears as "Failure"

Again thanks for your help.

Omar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omar,

Please check the error message of which type and what is that error so that we can also respond if we came across that error.

Thank you

Best regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amarnath,

I am now able to load data through flat files but not through data sources. I am not able to view my data sources in SPM UI.

regards,

Omar

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Omar Alejandro Diaz Figueroa/ Not Active Contributor

Z_SA_DEPD is not working buddy. Can you please tell me what to do

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel Ray,

Can you please check in which client you are working. If it is not configurable client (i mean you have ECC system with for ex 3 clients 800, 810 and 820 and 810 is the client which you have to use to configure then you can't see the objects in 820). Also let us know the details of your ECC version and the SPM version as well.

Thank you

Best regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omar,

Please check the thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3248802 for more information.

Thank you

Best regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Armanath,

Thank you for your response, the note on the other thread solved my issue. I will close this thread. I wanted to also ask, when I load data it seems that I need to only put one entry at a time in opm_sources and load one at a time in spm ui and then after loading go back and delete that entry and continue with the next data source. If I enter all the data sources in the opm_sources table they will all appear in the "data received" tab and then when I click send it attempts to validate all the data sources at the same time, which causes a problem as it seems to over load the system and second if I have an error in say in one data sources and after fixing it I have to go back to the data received tab and since all the data sources are there and I cannot load individual ones I end up having to load all the data sources at the same time unless I delete all the data sources except the one that I need to validate.

The same issue applies when I release to reporting it releases all and that causes problems.

The process cannot be this inefficient, I feel like I'm missing something.

Thanks for your response

Omar