cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI setup between below ECC & SRM POC system for Internet system Test Scenarios.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have SRM Intranet POC system

Also SRM Internet POC system

We want PI connection between SRM Intranet  to SRM Internet  system. PI connection is required for below Testing scenarios:

1)     RFx Replication to SRM Internet System

2)     RFx Response Submission

3)     RFx Awarding

4)     RFx Award Replication to SRM Intranet System

5)     Auction Replication to SRM Internet System

6)     Auction Response Submission

7)     Auction Awarding

😎     Auction Award Replication to SRM Intranet System

Below are the PI service details for above scenarios.

SRM

Auction (In SUS)

AuctionSRMReplicationRequest_In

Inbound

Asynchronous

AuctionSRMReplicationConfirmation_Out

Outbound

Asynchronous

SRM

RFQ (In SUS)

RFQRequestSRMReplicationConfirmation_Out

Outbound

Asynchronous

RFQRequestSRMReplicationRequest_In

Inbound

Asynchronous

is it possible to do without message mapping in PI for standard interfaces like above , as we deployed XI_CONTENT for SRM, and i can see only interfaces.MT,DT.

if not could anybody guide me about the desgin and configuration please.

regards

raju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member609026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

check if soure SI and Target SI has same message type.. if yes then you can continue with out mapping..(Asynchronous).

in some cases even we import standard content which carry same message type for both SI.. i have seen some cases to go for mapping to include JMS properties.

so it depends on several factors.

If it is a synchronous interface we have to configure the Request and Response mapping.

hope you understand..

Regards,

pradeep A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pradeep,

thanks for the information,

check if soure SI and Target SI has same message type.. if yes then you can continue with out mapping..(Asynchronous).

as i informed the source interface (request_out) and target interface(request_in),  both having the same fields.

could you please explain me , how to design without mapping in ESR.

regards

raju

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Direct connection communication works for your requirement

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70066f78-7794-2c10-2e8c-cb967cef4...

Regards,

Raj

former_member609026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

check the below blog.. this may not meet your exact requirement..

but still it can give you some explanation and you can understand do a scenario with out mapping..

http://scn.sap.com/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-wit...

Regards,

Pradeep A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Your architecture design is a bit confusing (i.e. SRM intranet & SRM internet). Do you perhaps have SAP Portals setup instead? An internal facing SAP Portal (intranet) and an external facing SAP Portal (internet) with SRM/SUS functionality exposed?

For security you will need some reverse proxy in the DMZ too.

Regarding your mapping question...

You won't need a mapping unless you are considering enhancements to the SAP standard Enterprise Services. Then too there are some workarounds to avoid the mapping depending on your data type enhancements in the ESR...

Steps to follow (if message types are the same):

- Download and import the XI Content into the ESR. This will contain a standard Integration Scenario for the RFx interfaces / interchange. All this is documented in the SRM installation & configuration guides on SAP Service Marketplace.

- Configure the scenario in the Integration Directory (minus the operation mapping in the interface determination because no message & operation mapping was done in the ESR).

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Trevor,

thanks for providing the information, we have downloaded and imported the XI content in the ESR and done the mapping.

thanku very much.

regards

raju

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju

If you want to integrate SAP ECC and SRM system(internet/intranet) then use PI with standard SAP Content.

If you want to conenct two SRM system then you do not need standard content.

correct me if my unserstanding was wrong

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raj,

yes we have to integrate SAP ECC and SRM system(internet/intranet), so we use PI with standard SAP Content.

its not a process integration content, its only XI_content, so does it possible to design without mapping.

regards

raju