Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements Vs AltCalty Vs AltCondBv

former_member211556
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Moderators,

I posted a query last week on the same topic and was expecting someone to provide some insights on this and not the usual F1 help or any reference material data. But when I checked it today, I was shocked to see that my thread(3257090) had been removed by the moderators. This had made me ask few questions here.

1. Is this an open forum or not? Do we have transparency here?

2. It was a clarification I was seeking for and this is the most relevant forum where I can get this clarified. why was my thread removed?

3. Isnt it not fair to remove a post without giving proper reason as why it was removed?

This being a forum to share and enrich knowledge, I believe I have the right to get my doubts clarified. Reason for me posting this again in this forum is to get a fair treatment and an appropriate response from the concerned.

Hope this happens.

Regards

Vasanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure what you have posted.  But I am sure, you would have gone through the forum rules which you can see to your right screen.  If any thread deviates these rules, then the forum Moderators who are taking care of that forum will decide whether to allow or reject.  I wish to respond ONLY to your last query

3. Isnt it not fair to remove a post without giving proper reason as why it was removed?

since I am also one of those Moderators moderating this forum.  For information, in a day, more than 50 threads are being posted in sales forum (3 sales forums are there) and of these, most of the threads are clicked for "Abuse" by some other members which will go to the notice of Moderators.  Moderators, in turn, will go through that thread and if they also found that the thread has deviated the forum rules, they reject such thread and it is highly impossible to give explanation to each and every thread.  You should appreciate, Moderators are doing only free of service to SCN.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member211556
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Agreed, as you said, if something is reported as Abuse, then it is to be removed from the forum and the moderators can do the same.

But mine was just a clarifcation posted and I would certainly expect an explanation as how it deviated from the forum norms and this is the reason as why I have been repeatedly asking for a fair treatment.

All I expect is either an explanation as why it was removed or to unblock my post (3257090) for me to continue with my learning.

Thanks Lakshmipathi, for taking your time to address my concern and it would be great if you can restore my post which was blocked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vasanth

Thank you for all your valuable time and hunger for knowledge, I really liked that, keep it up and keep exploring.

Regards

Ashish Mishra

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once any post is rejected, Moderators dont have the option to restore.  Probably, if you have the URL of your original thread, just share here, so that I will try my best.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member211556
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi,

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3257090 is my post. Kindly do the needful.

Regards

Vasanth

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since the thread was rejected by a Moderator, I am unable to do anything further.  Also on going through your original thread, I have a feeling that you have not explained your requirement clearly and it conveys that you were asking some additional information on AltCalty & AltCondBV which would definitely be rejected.  The reason for this is many threads were posted in the past asking to explain the functionality of 16 tabs found in pricing procedure and your query also seems to be related to this, it has been rejected.

Sorry for the negative feedback and henceforth, ensure that whatever you post, explain clearly what you expect from this forum so that these sort of confusions wont recur.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member211556
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Though I feel I have expressed it rightly, I am dropping this conversation for the benefit of others.

Thanks again for the attempt.

Regards

Vasanth

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I can suggest some SAP notes about this usual topic.

For instance, SAP Note 156230 - Requirements: What is permitted, what is not?.

Other useful notes about in what kind of functional requirement they can be used:

SAP Note 80183 - Rounding

SAP Note 877829 - Rounding for tax conditions

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

former_member211556
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for your input. This is what I was exactly looking for.

Thanking T W as well.

Regards

vasanth

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vasanth

Here you go:

Requirement: it checks the requirements required to carry out the condition type.

ALTERNATIVE CALCULATION TYPE will determine the CONDITION VALUE using a Routine rather than the FROM & TO columns in the PRICING PROCEDURE

For example: 1: To calculate the PROFIT MARGIN we use the Calculation type as 11 which means the difference of Base price  and Cost price.

2. Customer Excepted Price

CONDITION BASE VALUE: it will determine the BASIS for calculating the value of condition type alternatively to the Standard

For example:The Header discount will be distributed to all the line items based on the value of item, But alternatively if you wan to distribute the value based on the Quantity you can define the routine and assign this to the CONDITION TYPE

Thanking you
Ashish Mishra

former_member211556
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for the reply. The main reason for me to post this was too understand the factors that restricts us from writing the code in "Requirement". ie why cant the code written in AltCalTy or CondBasVal be written in Requirements itself and the same functionality be brought in.

I am aware of the usage of all 3 but I just wanted to know why cant the functionalities of AltCalTy or CondBasVal be achieved using Requirements itself.

Regards

Vasanth

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish

In the past, couple of times, I have requested you NOT to copy paste from other source but you ignored my requests and continued the same practice which is not fair on your part.  Your above text has been copy pasted from here

Here are the 16 pricing elements in pricing procedure and descripti...

Now I have no other alternative but forced to take appropriate action by asking the SCN team to look into this.  You may lose the entire points or your user id itself will be deleted and I am sorry to say this.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipati G

I would like to put it plainer that I haven't copied it. Thought I just typed this in the MS Word and then I pasted  it here and I did that because at that time Internet was not working well. And I don't find anything wrong in it. 

And Sir if you show me some link or evidence that I have copied that  from somewhere I will delete my account by myself only and I am not here for points because I believe that knowledge is for free just like sunlight .

Please tell me from where I have had copied this.

And for your kind information the link which you have given is restricted copy feature and this you can check

With Best Wishes

Ashish Mishra

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please tell me from where I have had copied this

Have you not gone through the link which has already been provided by me ??

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

I haven't copied it from that link and I am sure about it and I am not lying about it.

Trust me!

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear G Lakshmi

I know the rules of engagment and I want to make this forumn clean and a reputated one and when the last time you have said after that I haven't done. This is for sure.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vasanth,

why cant the code written in AltCalTy or CondBasVal be written in Requirements

Are you asking e.g. AltCalTy = 15 Minimum Price, is "put" as the requirement in the pricing procedure (or for that matter in the access sequence) - If at all it is possible, i think, nothing shall happen!

In field requirement, the system checks the preconditions are fulfilled or not.

Routine 15 does not have any preconditions.

On a general note - As you know, every field has a "purpose" and a "role", the relevant information can be entered and only if the correct information is used, does the system work properly.

E.g.

1) In a sales order, in field Sales organization, user can not enter the values of Payment terms

2) Shipping point, Company code and Sales organization could all have values 1000. But each value signifies a different organizational structure.

former_member211556
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Moderators,

It had been a week since I posted my concern and I havent got any reply from the concerned. So I assume that my earlier post was right and would ask the concerned to unblock my earlier thread(3257090) for me to continue with my learning.

Regards

Vasanth